Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 training camp

Default 2018 training camp

It's looking like crappy weather this weekend so will be a good excuse to go watch some Raider training camp. Does anyone have any expectations on who will fill the open roster spots?
    I'm guessing Guhle and Wiesblatt are locks which leaves a couple forward positions open. Will Balas be our backup? I have to think Scott will play 50-55 games this year.

Leason seems to have continued improving . Meger got to see first hand that amazing shot. Brooks, Krivo , and Allan all looked good to me today

I watched the yellow vs green scrimmage this morning. I can't say any rookies had me drooling, although Saleski looked pretty confident. Landon Kosior made a couple nice moves to set up a good scoring chance. Protas sure is a big kid, he and Guhle both scored sweet goals in the OT shootout.

Is Olsen in camp?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk7 View Post
    Is Olsen in camp?
    Nope . I noticed him and Davin Griffin are not at camp.

My predictions heading into exhibition season on players who will be with the team:

Kelly Fonstad McDonald
    Moe Protas Leason
    Nachbaur Miller Krivokrasov
    Pearce Brook Saleski
    Weisblatt Jacques Laventure Herman Spak

Hayes Pachal
    Martin Sapego
    Masella Belcourt
    Guhle Koisior
    Clarke Allan
    McNutt

Scott Meger Balas and maybe Smith.

There is a good chance they send the 15 year olds home early as well.
    Last edited by Raiderfan8; 08-26-2018 at 08:29 PM.

green vs orange - Kelly stood out like nobody else, he will be a force this season. Moe had a good game, big effort. Allan will be a gooder for us, he sure never looked out of place.
    Will be nice after tomorrow when they cut down for the intrasquad game.

Another green-yellow game this morning. Once again Saleski was flying out there, he is alot more noticeable than Wiesblatt IMO. Leason is looking good, he has really improved since his arrival in PA. Not that Pearce really stood out but it appears he has grown a bit, not that he was small.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    green vs orange - Kelly stood out like nobody else, he will be a force this season. Moe had a good game, big effort. Allan will be a gooder for us, he sure never looked out of place.
    Will be nice after tomorrow when they cut down for the intrasquad game.
    there are no cuts until after the green vs white game , no vets dressing. (unless Ozzy is considered a vet)

Mcnutt has to be one of the bigger suprises at training camp. McNutt looks like a young Hayes...Laventure sure has a shot...Saleski, Weisblatt and many others stood out. Guhle looked polished...the future looks promisingto say the least.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    Mcnutt has to be one of the bigger suprises at training camp. McNutt looks like a young Hayes...Laventure sure has a shot...Saleski, Weisblatt and many others stood out. Guhle looked polished...the future looks promisingto say the least.
    Defenseman moving onto exhibition games that are rookies : Guhle (16) , Clarke (16) , Kirk(18) and Allan (15)

Forwards : Ozzie Weisblatt (16), Brook (16), Saleski (16) , Laventure (15) , Protas(17), Belinski (18)

Goalie : Balas (17)