Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2018 training camp

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    We let victory slip out of our hands in Warman...too many dumb penalties really hurt us..kudos to Hayes for taking a round out of Mckay tonite...Raiders were physical and should of won...very good pre season game in Warman!
    So did any Raiders stand out - either in a positive or negative way?

Moe probavly had his best game as a Raider. Even Blades fans that were around me were saying hes a great player. Masella was good again as well. Brook played well, showed some grit and speed. Possibly most important Buskey playerd real well

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    Moe probavly had his best game as a Raider. Even Blades fans that were around me were saying hes a great player. Masella was good again as well. Brook played well, showed some grit and speed. Possibly most important Buskey playerd real well
    Good to hear Sttop. If Moe could break out it would be a huge help to our offence. His effort can never be questioned, if he started to find the net he could easily put up 50 points this season. Glad Buskey had a good showing, it wouldn't hurt to give Balas another year in midget.
    How did Belinski look? He seemed to make a good impression in training camp, would like to see him when the games count.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Good to hear Sttop. If Moe could break out it would be a huge help to our offence. His effort can never be questioned, if he started to find the net he could easily put up 50 points this season. Glad Buskey had a good showing, it wouldn't hurt to give Balas another year in midget.
    How did Belinski look? He seemed to make a good impression in training camp, would like to see him when the games count.
    Belinsky would have to be incredible to crack this lineup as an 18yr old. He would have to jump over Weisblatt Brook Saleski...not many spots to be had on our roster...Masella played shut down hockey I thought. Leason is going to be a powerhouse this year...needs to pass it sometimes when on a 2 on 1...

IMO we need Leason to be a shoot first player. Easily the best shot on the team and one of the best shots in the league. Saleski is with the Mintos so it won't be hard to jump over him. But he wont beat out Ozzy or Brook I don't think.

I wasn't aware Saleski was sent back to AAA. I thought he looked pretty good so maybe he will get recalled at some point, if not hopefully he has a monster year with the Mintos. IMO we still have 2 18yr old forwards that need to show improvement early this season. Miller and Krivo need to make a step forward. Carson put up good numbers as a 16 and I realize he was in recovery mode last year. He put up huge numbers in bantam so obviously there is some scoring touch there - I would just like to see more intensity from him. Krivo had to fight for ice time last season, so it's hard for me to give a great assessment of him. I like his attitude though and I hope he turns it up.

Fonstad has been returned from ScHab camp. Will be nice to have him back for the weekend.

Good news...are we getting anyone else back soon?

Scott and Kelly will be in main camps I would think. Pachal would be back on the weekend if he doesn't make the main camp roster

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    Scott and Kelly will be in main camps I would think. Pachal would be back on the weekend if he doesn't make the main camp roster
    Gregor is the big one....