Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: 2018/19 Regular season

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    It's nice to have Fonstad going again. I really like the 2 top line combos with Fonstad , Ozzy and Gregor together and Kelly with Monty and Leason. I hope Hunt looks at Seattle for a blockbuster .. Hamaliuk, Tyzska , and Hughes would make us real tough to beat in the playoffs and beyond.
    Here's hoping Hunt doesn't do that...we have one regular time loss this year. I could see getting another Jesse Lees type d-man...but to blow up this team would be nutz....imo

that's not blowing it up. all possible returning guys and all big upgrades on what is playing . Hughes would be the perfect insurance in goal and could start next year. Tyzska is the Lees type dman your talking about and Hamaliuk is 18 and similar type as fonstad. The Raiders would be lucky to add those 3 players. That 3rd line needs 1 more good player

that's not blowing it up. all possible returning guys and all big upgrades on what is playing . Hughes would be the perfect insurance in goal and could start next year. Tyzska is the Lees type dman your talking about and Hamaliuk is 18 and similar type as fonstad. The Raiders would be lucky to add those 3 players. That 3rd line needs 1 more good player
    Yes I hear what your saying and I can't disagree...however what would be the cost? Looking at Lethbridge and the Red Deer's deals...If Hunt could pull it off without costing us for the next five years...glad it's not me making those decisions! Lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    Yes I hear what your saying and I can't disagree...however what would be the cost? Looking at Lethbridge and the Red Deer's deals...If Hunt could pull it off without costing us for the next five years...glad it's not me making those decisions! Lol
    My feeling is the time is now ! We have to make a run and do what we need to win. Not many teams go 28-2-0-1 to start a season so I think we need to start looking bigger picture. We probably have the depth to make a Eastern Conference final or WHL Championship without making any trades but if the end goal is to win a Memorial Cup some moves will have to be made for depth and another top four d man. You hate to rock the boat and change chemistry but Swift did it last year with a good team and it got them through a very tough playoffs.

Our future is set as we can not trade Protas, Pearce, Weisblatt, Guhle, Brook, Saleski, Allan , Laventure, Clark , Euro draft pick ( This is a very good 10 player young core who will all be in the line up next 2-3 years no matter what the raiders do this year) . We can always add pieces and picks in the off season as we currently have 8 19 year olds eligible to return next season.

We may see guys like Leason , Kelly , Scott be returned as 20 year olds next year and at that time we can make decisions to move for whatever we need to give up this season.

Just my opinion but either way I look forward to the second half ! Stands are starting to fill up and our team is exciting to watch !!!

We have 2 18 year olds that would have decent value but wont help us win in the playoffs. We also have 2 very good prospects that wont sign with us for depth chart reasons. And even if Hunt trades our 1st away who cares ? As long as we dont trade away multiple 1st this year I am happy

We have 2 18 year olds that would have decent value but wont help us win in the playoffs. We also have 2 very good prospects that wont sign with us for depth chart reasons. And even if Hunt trades our 1st away who cares ? As long as we dont trade away multiple 1st this year I am happy
    I could see Pachal, Hayes, Masela returning and Martin...can't keep Sapego as he will be a two spotter next year. I would think Leason, Scott and Kelly to take the next step...we will have a bunch of 20's to trade next year, especially with the Seattle guys you listed...when do you think Hunt will make the trade? Will he trade before or after the break?
    Last edited by Lothar; 12-10-2018 at 12:12 PM.

oh I don't think it would ever happen. I just think it would be nice. but something has to happen soon we don't have any more forwards old enough to play and under contract. I would look at the raiders to sign Nagy soon . Unless the league lets they just call up Laventure until Protas is back

Laventure is coming up from what I am told...Balas as well? I have been told Raiders are "going for it", this year so you may be right....

I would think Spokane also has 2 BIG names that are in play with the Raiders as well. but yes Laventure and Balas need to be called up , they are the only 2 signed players that aren't with the team

I would think Spokane also has 2 BIG names that are in play with the Raiders as well. but yes Laventure and Balas need to be called up , they are the only 2 signed players that aren't with the team
    There is an article on Dubnetwork..."Overrection Monday" talking about trades and the possibilities....a worthwhile read.