Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: 2018/19 Regular season

Quote Originally Posted by mill rat View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't overly impressed with Portland. Their 2 best players wore stripes. The best team I've seen come through PA so far has been Everett and no one else is even remotely close to them. The Blades colour guy should look for a new career because watching hockey isn't a strong suit of his.
    Blades G.M. has been telling people that the Blades are better than the Raiders as well. Color guy and Blades GM = Dumb and Dumber.

I was real impressed with Portland and they play a very similar game to the Raiders. The score easily could have been 5-5 but both goalies did what they do. I don't know if I will ever figure out why the coaches think they have to play 29 on the top 6 though. He is a 9-12 guy. One more big game tonight against another 1 of the leagues hottest teams I hope they let Bader play his old team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    I was real impressed with Portland and they play a very similar game to the Raiders. The score easily could have been 5-5 but both goalies did what they do. I don't know if I will ever figure out why the coaches think they have to play 29 on the top 6 though. He is a 9-12 guy. One more big game tonight against another 1 of the leagues hottest teams I hope they let Bader play his old team
    Agree ! Would like to see both new guys get into the line up tonight. I thought Leason was back to playing his game last night which is a great sign . Looking forward to the last home game for January .

Raiders need to get back to playing physical every shift instead of when they want to. They had success early in the season and controlled games with getting pucks deep and forcing the issue with speed and physicality. Now they seem to think it’s a good idea to play in the neutral zone with one hand on their sticks. Nachbaur is a solid player but you’re completely right that he is a 9-12 guy as he doesn’t have the speed for the top 6. I can’t seem to figure out the 5 forward PP that gives up way too many scoring chances against.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thehawk7 View Post
    Raiders need to get back to playing physical every shift instead of when they want to. They had success early in the season and controlled games with getting pucks deep and forcing the issue with speed and physicality. Now they seem to think itís a good idea to play in the neutral zone with one hand on their sticks. Nachbaur is a solid player but youíre completely right that he is a 9-12 guy as he doesnít have the speed for the top 6. I canít seem to figure out the 5 forward PP that gives up way too many scoring chances against.
    I would think Sapego , Martin or even Guhle could be back there .

Absolutely agree with any 3 of them as opposed to the 5 forward setup

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    Nachbaur with Monty and Leason is just wrong. I don't get his deployment on that line either. I don't mind Nachbaur, I just think he's more suited to play against 3rd and 4th line players. Thankfully coach made the switch and moved 29 off the Monty-Leason line. Protas is definitely a better fit on that line. And that first period against Calgary was outstanding. The Raiders rolled over Calgary in the first. It really wasn't even close. Nachbaur even played a lot better down in the line up. At any rate, a couple solid wins before the road trip was nice to see.