Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018/19 Regular season

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    Raiders played a gritty game against the Blades last night. The players on this team are resilient and bend but don't break. As we near the trade deadline here's hoping that the Raiders make no moves and keep going win or lose with the guys we have....
    I certainly think the Raiders can add to there depth without tampering with what they have so far . At this time we only have 6 d men and 13 forwards on our roster. I look for the Raiders to add an additional defenseman and forward at the deadline. Both players can be impact players if we are willing to part ways with a few draft picks. Not to many teams go 33-2-1 to start a season so this is our year to make a run. We will need depth for playoffs and should be pushing for the memorial cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan8 View Post
    I certainly think the Raiders can add to there depth without tampering with what they have so far . At this time we only have 6 d men and 13 forwards on our roster. I look for the Raiders to add an additional defenseman and forward at the deadline. Both players can be impact players if we are willing to part ways with a few draft picks. Not to many teams go 33-2-1 to start a season so this is our year to make a run. We will need depth for playoffs and should be pushing for the memorial cup.
    This is just my opinion...I would rather see the Raiders Ice a very good team year after year than win a memorial cup...our draft picks are our future and the going price to acquire a player is simply nutz....I am concerned that if we mess with the chemistry of this team it could cost us. Do we remember the Logan Mcveigh trade and what happened after that? Having said that I trust whatever Hunt does is in the best interests of the team and fans. After all Hunt's decisions are doing pretty good for us so far!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    This is just my opinion...I would rather see the Raiders Ice a very good team year after year than win a memorial cup...our draft picks are our future and the going price to acquire a player is simply nutz....I am concerned that if we mess with the chemistry of this team it could cost us. Do we remember the Logan Mcveigh trade and what happened after that? Having said that I trust whatever Hunt does is in the best interests of the team and fans. After all Hunt's decisions are doing pretty good for us so far!
    I think whatever we give up / if we give up picks , we will recoup in the off season as we have 8 19 year olds on our roster and can only keep 3 twenty’s next season . I would like to see an upgraded back up for sure . I don’t mind buskey but for Scott’s safety we need someone real good behind him or he will get ran all playoffs.

I’ve said it before we got a decent core of young players so we will be fine moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan8 View Post
    I think whatever we give up / if we give up picks , we will recoup in the off season as we have 8 19 year olds on our roster and can only keep 3 twenty’s next season . I would like to see an upgraded back up for sure . I don’t mind buskey but for Scott’s safety we need someone real good behind him or he will get ran all playoffs.

I’ve said it before we got a decent core of young players so we will be fine moving forward.
    We have 8-19yr old players? 5 d-men and Kelly, Leason...who else? Rumors of a trade with Seattle possibly? What's happened to Mac...sure not playing his A-game...

Blog Entries

Scott is the 8 th guy. I’ve heard tons of rumours but I think it’s more wishing . Although Jarrett tzyska would be a good top 4 d man without giving up lots . As far as Macdonald I think his speed has gone down. He had that knee injury earlier but Raiders play fast so noticed him and nachbaur are a step behind.
    Last edited by Raiderfan8; 12-30-2018 at 09:31 PM.

So if your Curtis Hunt what is stopping you from adding right now? Hunt lost his right hand man and has no contract going into next year. So I know if I was shopping for a extension or a new job the longer the playoff run the more the phone will ring with new offers. I do like some of the young youth coming up , but at the same time Lethbridge and the Blades are adding .. and 1 of them will be a 2nd round opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    So if your Curtis Hunt what is stopping you from adding right now? Hunt lost his right hand man and has no contract going into next year. So I know if I was shopping for a extension or a new job the longer the playoff run the more the phone will ring with new offers. I do like some of the young youth coming up , but at the same time Lethbridge and the Blades are adding .. and 1 of them will be a 2nd round opponent
    So I am out of the loop...Raiders just signed Cole Nagy. He is a 2001 which should make him eligible to play now? I smell a upcoming trade...

They have been trying to sign him for months. He can play now and he is a pretty good forward. I would think that the plan is to use him if he is needed. But imo he is better then a couple that play every night now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sttop View Post
    They have been trying to sign him for months. He can play now and he is a pretty good forward. I would think that the plan is to use him if he is needed. But imo he is better then a couple that play every night now.
    With Hunt's quote of " we can't wait to get him into a Raider Jersey"...tells me that this guy is gonna play now. I wouldn't be suprised to see him against M.J. on friday.

Maybe they are going to finally carry 13 forwards. But it wouldn't be good to bring him up and not play him