Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60

Thread: 2018-2019 Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheDUB View Post
    But if you are moving any of them, you are effectively throwing in the towel on the year.

Why such a low chance of Mattheos being back next year? Carolina that thin up front?
    I'm sure Mattheos would play in the AHL not the NHL. Anyone who can score like he can is quite valuable when you see many NHL players skating like crazy but not being able to put a pee in the ocean as far as goal scoring ability. Yes, that would be throwing in the towel, but who are we going to beat. We may not even make the playoffs---Edmonton has just strengthened themselves and gave PA all they could handle yesterday. It looks more and more like we will need to get into 3rd in the East in order to secure a playoff spot and that means beating MJ---big challenge.

Good news today with Zayat signing, another promising young guy. He and Ritchie will play this weekend
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Iím thinking he is here to stay so who goes if he does ? I would think he was guaranteed to stay if he signed now . Cause if he wasnít why wouldnít he wait to see to keep his options open .

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Good news today with Zayat signing, another promising young guy. He and Ritchie will play this weekend
    Will be a very young WK lineup this weekend. Going to be tough to win a game, but not impossible. A great experience for these young guys. They will dress 5 16 yr olds in the weekend games if Hartje and Lambos are both out. Wow!!
    I would think Zayat is here until either of Lambos or Hartje comes back. The rest of the year? They signed him because they needed a 6th defenceman for this weekend after which their break begins. After the Xmas break some injured players are likely back.
    Last edited by booboo; Yesterday at 10:33 PM.

You missed the point . Why would Zayat sign now if he will only play a few games this weekend . Why would. He not keep his options open .

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Excellent signing. Not the biggest guy, but a very aggressive and talented player who makes things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    You missed the point . Why would Zayat sign now if he will only play a few games this weekend . Why would. He not keep his options open .
    Here for good now, let's start the development.

Maybe Schneider injury is worse than originally thought? Maybe Higson getting moved? Maybe Hartje can't recover? Maybe he just wants to be here!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    Obviously the WK persuaded him to sign or they did not offer to sign him earlier to keep open the team's options of a possible trade of an unsigned prospect. He has to sign to play and being short staffed the management decided we need to sign him now. Also, he might just really want to play here and saw the opportunity to play at least a couple of games. What options did he have?? Not everyone wants to go the college route. Also, you be correct in that to sign him they guaranteed to keep him the rest of the season. If so, then someone must go when and IF (that's a big if )all the defence is healthy. That may signal a potential sell off?? Maybe #2 and # 6 are hurt more seriously than we know.

I doubt if they are obligated to keep him the rest of season. Probably he signed to get to play and any games he gets , just helps give him a leg up on a permanent spot next year. But that's just a guess on my part.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by olwpgjet View Post
    I doubt if they are obligated to keep him the rest of season. Probably he signed to get to play and any games he gets , just helps give him a leg up on a permanent spot next year. But that's just a guess on my part.

Ok Down 2/1 in the second and have a pp. Daley gets the nod????? I donít get this!!!