Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: 2018-2019 Regular Season

Spokane is gonna win alot of games this year. They were awesome. It's all been pretty much said above, but ...

That damn zamboni entrance struck again, I can't believe Spokane didn't bury that to start the game.

Was something doing with the ice tonight? The puck seemed really off for alot of the night. I just can't remember seeing so many Wheaties lose a pass in their feet, or miss-time a stride to catch a puck. I don't know it just seemed like the puck wasn't gliding the way players expected.

Not sure Wheaties appreciated how quick Spokane was, I mean they half assed to pucks numerous times tonight and it could have been much worse for us.

We are going to miss Higson, but I thought he got himself injured there. He could have played that puck, but he let up to take the guy into the boards, who then ultimately crumpled onto the back of his leg. Hope his knee isn't too bad because there is a huge gap between him and Lambos (Despite how well he played).

2. Default

Netminder Jiri Patera, with 3 assists in 7 games, has as many (or more) points than 6 Wheat King forwards, and as many (or more) points than all Brandon defensemen except Higson.

There are a few veteran players who need to start contributing offensively, if this team is to have much success going forward.

CANNABIS IN MANITOBA

Know the Risks

• Can be addictive
    • Can lead to depression and anxiety
    • Will affect brain development
    • Will impair your ability to drive
    • Can harm your baby
    • Is risky to buy on the street
    • Can cause you to make stupid comments on WHL forums

Know the Law

• You must be 19+
    • You can only buy from licensed retailers
    • You can only carry up to 30 grams
    • You can't use in public
    • You can't grow at home
    • You can't drive impaired
    • You can’t make stupid comments on WHL Forum while impaired

If higson is out injured then disregard this post. I’d like to see 2 dmen on the PP, guttenburg on the point isn’t doing it for me. Higson and Schneider first unit, Hartje and wytinck/nychuck on the second unit
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Jordin tootoo new assistant coach?
    Last edited by denim_dan; Yesterday at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    CANNABIS IN MANITOBA

Know the Risks

• Can be addictive (false)
    • Can lead to depression and anxiety (false).
    • Will affect brain development (again, False)
    • Will impair your ability to drive (false. If you can’t drive stoned then don’t drive at all)
    • Can harm your baby (somewhat true)
    • Is risky to buy on the street (false, nobody laces weed)
    • Can cause you to make stupid comments on WHL forums (funny! But false)
    . Yikes, where do you come up with these facts. Please don’t tell me you read this stuff online.
    Last edited by denim_dan; Yesterday at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    . Yikes, where do you come up with these facts. Please don’t tell me you read this stuff online.
    False? All true. Most "dedicated users" protect at all costs there drug of choice...

pretty decent game tonight except maybe the refs. Patera, outstanding again, we have a goalie here. Everett pushed back good a few times and Patera was the difference. Thought the 4th line might have been our best line tonight. Could leave those guys together all year, Grieg, McCartney and McCallum, just call them the 2nd line instead of 4th lol.. We beat a pretty good team tonight by the looks of it. Considering a bunch of rookies on D, thought we did pretty good. Was a really nice tribute to Jordan Tootoo and nice standing ovation from the crowd. Great game all in all and my only concern is them not being ready to do it again tomorrow night and playing just hard enough to win and coming up short against Calgary.

Entertaining game tonight. Great effort by our young d-men. Also very strong game from Schneider who appears to really have taken it upon himself to be a leader with Higson injured. The whole team played very physical so shows what you can do to a good team like Everett when you bang them. Hartje was very good tonight as well. Kudos to 4th line Grieg, McCallum and McCartney who played very well. Tommorow Thorpe comes back in and the players that should sit are Daley or Sekundiak. Sure wish Reinhardt had better hands as he would be a very good player--he missed 2 breakaways tonight.Thought the refs were suspect tonight , but I guess you could say that on most nights. It sure looks like the WK have found a goalie this year as Patera has been very good and was fantastic tonight.

The fourth line were the best line for sure . The second line has zero offence going right now . We can bang on Daley all we want it’s not going to change anything . Reinhardt is squeezing the stick way to tight . He had tons of chances that he was just plain bad with . Mattheos drives me nuts . He was so selfish with the puck in the second and third period coughing it up instead of passing it . My opinion MCCORISTER should have the C. The young D played very well but if Higson is hurt for very long they better find a replacement to help out . Good game tonigh but a lot slower then Tuesday