Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99

Thread: 2018-2019 Regular Season

Great weekend for the WK beating PA twice. Who would have believed it? The big boys came to play tonight. Mattheos and Burzan and Patera were very good.
    The PA pbp guy was crying about the questionable penalties against the Raiders. Welcome to the WHL. There are not too many games in the league where the reffing is not questionable. Has been a black eye in the league forever. Usually it is not tilted one way as there seems to be an even up code in hockey.

Watching the Canada Games hockey game between Manitoba and B.C. sure wish the WK could get a hold of Tyler Brennan the goalie who is a PG signed prospect and a very good looking goalie. Another player that would look great on the WK is defenceman Aiden Brook a Seattle prospect. Very good potential. He is the youngest of the Brook brothers from Roblin. WK prospects Hunter Wallace is tiny but has good skill. Laboissiere another WK prospect is huge. Chiasson a third prospect has an assist for team BC. The team has 2 prospects on team Saskatchewan and one on Team Alberta. Sure hope we can draft Connor Geekie in this year's bantam draft. Manitoba has a very spunky team-undersized a bit but highly skilled.

year's draft
    Last edited by booboo; 02-16-2019 at 10:47 PM.

I’d also like them to draft Cole Topham
    Tonight was the first game of the season I’ve actually been entertained by the WKs!! Good effort and matched the Raiders physically. Don’t know what happened to Mcorrister. PA don’t have to9 much to complain regarding the penalties, they play over the edge and got called for it.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Iíd also like them to draft Cole Topham
    Tonight was the first game of the season Iíve actually been entertained by the WKs!! Good effort and matched the Raiders physically. Donít know what happened to Mcorrister. PA donít have to9 much to complain regarding the penalties, they play over the edge and got called for it.

I guess when you have the top PK in the league and a coach who appreciates the boys playing on the physical edge you donít worry about a few penalties. It worked to the WK advantage last night. I love the nasty game of days gone by. Great series Wheaties!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Iíd also like them to draft Cole Topham
    Tonight was the first game of the season Iíve actually been entertained by the WKs!! Good effort and matched the Raiders physically. Donít know what happened to Mcorrister. PA donít have to9 much to complain regarding the penalties, they play over the edge and got called for it.
    They crossed over from physical to dirty pretty earlier on. PA is a great team to watch regardless, so nice.

That 1st period was probably the best all season. Had everything, great action, pace, passing, hits.

They gotta not let down for SC tomorrow, and have a chance to really shape their chances on Wednesday vs CGY if they want to.

I will admit I was a skeptic but the team has strung together 3 impressive wins given the level of the competition. If they play like they can on Monday and defeat SC then Wednesday's game against Calgary will be really important. I still believe the crappy schedule will do the team in. Big Alberta road trip when the Brier is on could be a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieDunlap View Post
    I guess when you have the top PK in the league and a coach who appreciates the boys playing on the physical edge you don’t worry about a few penalties. It worked to the WK advantage last night. I love the nasty game of days gone by. Great series Wheaties!!!
    I wish the WKs played with the edge that PA do!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

We do not have the personnel and coaches that want to play that style. One or two guys can't do that all the time. It's a team thing. Yes, playing with a physical edge does bring the team together gets them into the game and helps to win some games. But, to play that style requires much better penalty killing than we have seen from this team this year.
    Manitoba plays Alberta tonight at 6 on TSN at the Canada Games in Red Deer. Wallace and Labossiere against Hyland for Alberta. The WK have 6 players in this tourney tied for the most in the WHL.
    Last edited by booboo; Yesterday at 05:05 PM.