Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: 2018-2019 Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Right on Molsonman. The WK will have a decent team this year for sure,but a championship team not a chance if you watched both games over the weekend.
    Booboo you say this every year no matter how good the wheatkings are... weren’t you the one saying we should sell the farm during our championship year in 16?.. You have a rough time figuring out what a good team and a bad team really means. The division/league is weak this year. Many people who understand junior hockey predicted Brandon to be at or near the top of the standings before the season. This has all of a sudden changed in your eyes because they lost in a shootout to swift? Ok 5 games into the season we have yet to find our game and still teams are struggling to find a way to win against us. I’m in no way a positive person, I’m actually quite on the negative side when it comes to the wheatkings usually, But to say this team is decent or mediocre or whatever you said, is a bit silly. Regina is “decent” this year by league standards and yet they are actually really bad on paper. Is Prince Albert good? Their dominant record made me believe so, until I watched them struggle against a young red deer team. They are good this year But because of who are they competing with. There’s no real elite teams this year(yet). Saskatoon looked bad when I watched them as well, really bad, and hell they were guaranteed a playoff spot before the season even started because of how much SC/MJ/REG gave up last year. Weak division+Brandon returning 95% of their players = a winning season. Write that formula down, study it. Here’s another one for you and Budweiser man... a winning team+ Erik brannstrom+ty Lewis= an even better team. Crazy right? I mean I’m not saying they are getting those 2. But how are they not considered elite if they do? You confuse me a lot more than I confuse you, trust me. Anyway I’m not explaining this anymore. And it hurts my ego argueing with a guy who refers to himself as “molsonman” and can’t spell Canada properly.
    Last edited by denim_dan; Today at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    Booboo you say this every year no matter how good the wheatkings are... weren’t you the one saying we should sell the farm during our championship year in 16?.. You have a rough time figuring out what a good team and a bad team really means. The division/league is weak this year. Many people who understand junior hockey predicted Brandon to be at or near the top of the standings before the season. This has all of a sudden changed in your eyes because they lost in a shootout to swift? Ok 5 games into the season we have yet to find our game and still teams are struggling to find a way to win against us. I’m in no way a positive person, I’m actually quite on the negative side when it comes to the wheatkings usually, But to say this team is decent or mediocre or whatever you said, is a bit silly. Regina is “decent” this year by league standards and yet they are actually really bad on paper. Is Prince Albert good? Their dominant record made me believe so, until I watched them struggle against a young red deer team. They are good this year But because of who are they competing with. There’s no real elite teams this year(yet). Saskatoon looked bad when I watched them as well, really bad, and hell they were guaranteed a playoff spot before the season even started because of how much SC/MJ/REG gave up last year. Weak division+Brandon returning 95% of their players = a winning season. Write that formula down, study it. Here’s another one for you and Budweiser man... a winning team+ Erik brannstrom+ty Lewis= an even better team. Crazy right? I mean I’m not saying they are getting those 2. But how are they not considered elite if they do? You confuse me a lot more than I confuse you, trust me. Anyway I’m not explaining this anymore. And it hurts my ego argueing with a guy who refers to himself as “molsonman” and can’t spell Canada properly.
    So a team that lost to another one that in your words couldn't beat a MJHL team will all of a sudden become elite with 2 additions? I can understand why things you say get questioned. Apparently you were quitting the board for 3 months you were so embarrassed.

It Brandon gets Brannstron and Lewis they will definitely put them in contention for the division, but as of now they have only played bottom teams, 1 of which has an over .500 record. Pretty sure those 2 additions won't make them "elite". But you're the expert here so I guess time will tell.

Those aren’t just “two additions” buddy... Lewis is a 100 point guy and brannstrom would be the best defencemen in the league if he came. He would absolutely light up the whl. And, Oh my post about the broncos not being able to beat an MJHL team/me quitting the board? That was something called sarcasm. Was simply making fun of the wheatkings for losing to the bottom feeder. Don’t take everything so serious bud. This is why you are so confused all the time. I get it you’re a loner from the armpit of Saskatchewan, but stay off the wheatking forum please. And we will already compete for the division without Lewis and brannstrom. Prince Albert to me is a bit overrated and will have an inflated record in the ****ty easy division, just like Brandon will have. You keep saying Brandon has played bad teams so far, who’s the best team the raiders have played? Saskatoon? Hahaha yeah beating the “powerhouse” blades for the first time in 3 years is something to be proud of. Like I said before, the raiders will always be the raiders until they prove otherwise.
    Last edited by denim_dan; Today at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    Those aren’t just “two additions” buddy... Lewis is a 100 point guy and brannstrom would be the best defencemen in the league if he came. He would absolutely light up the whl. And, Oh my post about the broncos not being able to beat an MJHL team/me quitting the board? That was something called sarcasm. Was simply making fun of the wheatkings for losing to the bottom feeder. Don’t take everything so serious bud. This is why you are so confused all the time. I get it you’re a loner from the armpit of Saskatchewan, but stay off the wheatking forum please. And we will already compete for the division without Lewis and brannstrom. Prince Albert to me is a bit overrated and will have an inflated record in the ****ty easy division, just like Brandon will have. You keep saying Brandon has played bad teams so far, who’s the best team the raiders have played? Saskatoon? Hahaha yeah beating the “powerhouse” blades for the first time in 3 years is something to be proud of. Like I said before, the raiders will always be the raiders until they prove otherwise.
    That would be awesome - then you have have the best 2 defensemen in the league. And I wasn't aware I had to be a Brandon fan to post on this page. I guess I need to re-read the rules.

I get it man, it’s hard for people who haven’t watched Higson, understand this. But yes he is one of the better d man in the league and as joe said, would be on the all star team if one existed. He’s absolutely torching the league in his 20 year old season.

As far as Higson goes, I gave him kudos for playing a good game and being disciplined. He made far too many mistakes last year to be anointing him the top defenseman in the league. His problem was that he would try to do too much last year and would end up losing the puck or making a bad play when he needed to play a simpler game. I have always liked how he plays the game other than the mistakes, he plays tough with heart. Older and wiser perhaps but I haven't seen the bad or stupid stuff this year, his offense has progressed i and that does make him a very good dman so far. It is a little early to be picking all star teams or judging how good the team is . Traditionally, at this stage , you get many flat , bad games mixed in with the good games, and generally into the new year, we start to get more consistently good efforts. If they sold season tickets for just the 2nd half of the season, that would be a great ticket. If we can win our fair share of games until Christmas and see how all our rookies and 2nd year guys progress, especially vulnerable on defense, then we can figure how good we are. Reading too much into a couple great games or stinker games at this point doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Competition seems a little weak so far but as Swift proved, anybody can beat anybody, as much or more about effort than talent and a hot goalie here and there never hurts.

Well denim you are good at stirring up a sh**storm, but your hockey knowledge isn"t quite as good. IF and I mean IF we play like we can this week and through the BC road trip then maybe we are a contender. It's still way too early to try and determine where we stack up though.I imagine there will be moves made at the very least at the trade deadline. However, the biggest factors are the continued development of the young defence and the increased productivity from the 18 and 17 year olds up front. By trade deadline time we may be that contender that denim thinks we are.
    Agree with denim on Higson.. He is playing "lights out" right now. I would think there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't mind having Higson in their lineup. MJ has sure picked up the pace since their 2 top d-men are back playing.
    Last edited by booboo; Today at 06:58 PM.