Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38

Thread: 2018-2019 Regular Season

I know Kelly is big or would like Leschyshyn in a WK jersey not only for his offensive abilities but being a Vegas prospect is also in his mind. What it would take to get him here should be the key. I agree in not selling our first round picks for only 1/2 a season. He is however only 19 and COULD return next year. I doubt it but COULD happen. I don't think Armstrong is willing to take that kind of a chance. And should they go after Leschyshyn they better make it worth their while and get a solid D man. And as I have been informed this coming draft class is pretty darn good. Hate to miss those potentials for another gamble (Brannstrom). They will not be able to improve this team without giving up something. And unfortunately I think we are stuck with Daley for the long haul, so get used to it. Sigh"

Here's my take. Any team looking to pick up Lesch or Henry is doing it with intentions of making a run, meaning they wont want to give up any of their own top 18-19s. That leaves draft picks only as payment, or unsigned prospects. I don't see either of those 2 moving for less than a couple picks each, including a 1st round and prob a 2nd, with an added conditional (in case they return as 20s). I guess there is the possibilty of a younger Regina kid asking for a trade, I have no idea how tight that team is but their 16-17s will be looking at a pile off ice time soon and might prefer to stick it out. Will be an interesting next month or 2.

What about Leason from the raiders? Throw them Daley and a 1st. Boom. Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    What about Leason from the raiders? Throw them Daley and a 1st. Boom. Genius.
    That might have been accepted 2 years ago hey? LOL
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I cannot see the WK giving up a 1st and 2nd round pick for either Leschyshun or Henry. Too much to pay for a 3 month rental and I still think they would have difficulty beating PA. I guess we'll see between now and the trade deadline just how close or far away we are from PA. That will determine what the team will do because I believe the way the playoffs are set up we would play PA in the second round of the playoffs. The team as is could win one round in the playoffs so why give up valuable assets to lose in round 2 anyways. Just my thoughts--right or wrong.
    If this year's bantam draft is in fact that strong, then I would suggest that an opportunity where the team has essentially 4 first round picks does not come along too often, so they need to take advantage of this to set the team up for years to come.
    Last edited by booboo; Yesterday at 02:49 PM.

I guess what I don’t understand is All the games Brandon has lost have been 1 goal games . They are right there . They have a stud goalie, Higson is close to being back . I think with some more forward help they are right up there with PA. Some better coaching might help as well . Teach the boys how to kill a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    I guess what I don’t understand is All the games Brandon has lost have been 1 goal games . They are right there . They have a stud goalie, Higson is close to being back . I think with some more forward help they are right up there with PA. Some better coaching might help as well . Teach the boys how to kill a penalty.
    Yes, they are close no doubt, but as I have stated our games against PA will determine whether we can compete with them or not and whether to move draft pick assets to improve the team. On Sportsnet's website the predictors of invites to Team Canada's Jr camp have not included Mattheos in their early camp invites. From what I saw he did not help himself during the Canada-Russia games.

There was far better players then him not get invited . Well they have 55 days to make a decision .

Well I hope PA comes in and plays at their best level. They were definitely a bit sluggish last night against the Tigers. PA was outshot for only the 2nd time this season, but Scott played great, 3rd shut out this season.
    Hopefully I will get to watch the game on the big screen, and see how the 2 teams stack up.