Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 Regular Season

Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheDUB View Post
    PA is going to be nasty this year.

Would imagine people would be worried about is if Lewis or Branstrom come back, and I'd have to think the plan was for Branstrom to come back but they (Vegas) just assigned Hague to the AHL, dropping them down to 8. Looks more and more like he'll be staying up. Haven't been following Lewis much, doesn't seem to have the same coverage as Vegas provides.

Agree with the sentiment we'd need another impact player to kind of push us over ... surely that must be in the works with the bevy of Draft picks we have? We have a pretty strong starting point to build on from here.
    Agree we need to improve our present team in order to compete with PA and even Saskatoon. That improvement can come in one of two ways. One, either of the 3 mentioned players, Lewis,Brannstrom or Kaut gets sent to Brandon or Two, a trade is made to get an OA and or import to bolster the lineup. With the number of high picks the team has Armstrong has some ammunition he could use. Will interesting to see what happens in the next month.

I’d rather Bdn didn’t spend any of the high pick spots they have this year, and keep building for the future around the 17/16/15s they have. Unless Lewis and bannstrom ended up here, I think it’s ok to be the third place team in the division
    Friday night game, I thought Iorio really gained confidence as the night went along and looked very comfortable.
    In MJ, how did the rookie dman who Played look? Gregg’s goal on highlights showed a high level of skill again, kids a sniper.
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I would hope that the WK keep all 3 16's this year as they definitively look like they belong in the WHL. All 3 have a higher upside than many of the 17's and 18's on the team. Sbatter is probably right in that the team should keep their draft picks and build around the 2002's and 2003's, although some tweaking to this year's lineup could carry this team a long ways giving their young players invaluable playoff experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    Iíd rather Bdn didnít spend any of the high pick spots they have this year, and keep building for the future around the 17/16/15s they have. Unless Lewis and bannstrom ended up here, I think itís ok to be the third place team in the division
    Friday night game, I thought Iorio really gained confidence as the night went along and looked very comfortable.
    In MJ, how did the rookie dman who Played look? Greggís goal on highlights showed a high level of skill again, kids a sniper.
    Very nice to see a top-notch 16-year old score early in his career.
    I think I was more happy to see McCallum make a perfect pass to set up that goal. He has good vision and soft hands. He might be the 18-year old right-winger on this team to provide some offense.

I feel we will be battling for first with the raiders all season. The blades are definetly improved but most of their impact players are younger, plus they have below average defence.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I like what Sask did at the deadline . I would be alright giving up a first like they did to get Florchuck at 17 . If your going use some of those picks do on 18year olds .

With Theodore signing a new contract this will put Vegas with 9 on D. Will this push Brannstrom out or has he played well enough? Schmidt is still yet to serve his 20 game suspension. Interesting!

Getting interesting.

“We had a plan of who the eight were with Nate out and Theodore out,” McPhee said. “The two guys would have been Brannstrom and Bischoff. They’ve played very well, so they would have been here. Someone will have to go now, and we’ll address that in a few days.”

Fingers crossed Mr. McCrimmon sends us (And himself) Branstrom ...

Yup gonna be interesting. Bischoff is quite a bit older, he’s bigger and had somewhat of a breakout year in the AHL last season. Sandman and the rest of the raider fans must be getting a little nervous...lol

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    Yup gonna be interesting. Bischoff is quite a bit older, he’s bigger and had somewhat of a breakout year in the AHL last season. Sandman and the rest of the raider fans must be getting a little nervous...lol
    Just read an article that said Brannstrom has made the Golden Knights roster especially since Nate Schmidt has to serve a 20 game suspension. The article went so far as to say that even when Schmidt does come back they will keep Brannstrom as they are very high on him. Does not sound good for the WK. The same article on the Dubnetwork said that there are a few extra imports freed up that might be worth looking at.
    Vegas has 9 defenceman on their roster not counting Schmidt so you would think they would still release one now and another when Schmidt comes back. There still may be hope for Brannstrom coming here. I am sure Armstrong is in touch with KM getting updates and some sense of whether he might get sent back to Brandon or not.
    Last edited by booboo; 09-25-2018 at 07:22 PM.