Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 2019 playoffs

  1. #1

    Default 2019 playoffs

    Hopefully this thread runs for a while....

    Last nights game against the Blades was as intense as any playoff game - I think the 2 teams forgot it was a "meaningless' game. The Raiders had dropped their play a bit since around the time they clinched the division but obviously the switch has been moved back where it was. 100% sold out too - was great to see.
    I'm really looking forward to the awards banquet Monday, we have seats at Ozzie's table. Then Friday Red Deer rolls in. Hopefully Hannoun is back, sounds like Nach might be a week or 2.

  2. #2

    Default

    Is there another player in the whole WHL that is constantly in the ear of refs/ linesmen more than Kirby Dach? I truly feel sorry for M.J. having to deal with that. Leason, Gregor, Hannoun, Kelly, Pachal and Scott are the engine that spin the Raiders wheels. We need the best from this group if we are to go deep in the playoffs. Can't wait for friday...

  3. #3

    Default

    Dach and Josh Brook are two of the whiniest players in the league. Solid talents but whiners.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehawk7 View Post
    Dach and Josh Brook are two of the whiniest players in the league. Solid talents but whiners.
    Two very talented players but you are right....biggest whiners in the whole WHL. On a side note...Seattle is going to do some damage on the western side for sure....with Ross as their goalie they will be tough.
    Last edited by Lothar; 03-17-2019 at 08:55 PM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Raiders take game 1 against RD with a solid effort from the whole team. PA blocked shots, matched Rebels hit for hit easily, and used their speed to mostly control the game.

  6. #6

    Default

    Leason suspended for a game on a lame duck call. Hausinger got pushed from behind (barely) and laid on the ice for several minutes. Ref right there did not make a call however Byblow at the other end of the rink makes the call. Hausinger was back on the ice next shift...and Leason gets a one game suspension for that? This league is whacked...

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    Leason suspended for a game on a lame duck call. Hausinger got pushed from behind (barely) and laid on the ice for several minutes. Ref right there did not make a call however Byblow at the other end of the rink makes the call. Hausinger was back on the ice next shift...and Leason gets a one game suspension for that? This league is whacked...
    That was a weak call, at least your Raiders will be able to win without him, but, come on league, weak.....
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    That was a weak call, at least your Raiders will be able to win without him, but, come on league, weak.....
    Nice to see a view other than what the facebook haters have been screaming. At worst it would have been nice to see Byblow call an embellishment penalty when Hausinger returned to the ice for the PP 30 seconds after his near death act.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •