Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Off Season Thread

Kallionkieli in Brandon, and apparently ready to go.

Yes I saw that. Awesome. Will he play tomorrow? Will we have to release or trade somebody now? Ritchie is LTIR so we can have 24 listed, but can we have 25 with Schneider gone to WJC? Assuming he makes the cut

The WK outplayed Kelowna tonight using their speed to create a lot of scoring chances but their goalie played very well.I can see that both new players Theissen on defence and Kallionkelli up front both bring size and skill to the team. Especially impressed with Kallionkelli---big skates well and shoots well also. Once he gets into game shape he will definitely help this team. Theissen has good size also and skates very well. Looks like a keeper. The team has gotten much bigger with their additions this year which is a good thing. Impressed with the effort of the team the past two games against two very good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    The WK outplayed Kelowna tonight using their speed to create a lot of scoring chances but their goalie played very well.I can see that both new players Theissen on defence and Kallionkelli up front both bring size and skill to the team. Especially impressed with Kallionkelli---big skates well and shoots well also. Once he gets into game shape he will definitely help this team. Theissen has good size also and skates very well. Looks like a keeper. The team has gotten much bigger with their additions this year which is a good thing. Impressed with the effort of the team the past two games against two very good teams.
    I agree on them outplaying them. They ran into another hot goalie. I was really impressed with Kallionkelli last night . He has only had 1 practice . Once he is in game shape he is going to make a big impact with this team . Theissen was not very good last night I didn't think but I can give him a couple of games to get comfortable. Kelowna was far slower then Kamloops . Got away with a lot in there own end. Especially in the third . there was a high stick and a hit from behind 20 feet in front of the ref . That was just 2 blatant missed calls that came to me. I guess we can agree with the rest of the WHL fans that it is the Hamilton effect lol.

Yes a good game all around. Our Defense have stepped up this year without a doubt with the odd hiccup. Amazing what a year will do for these guys development. Kalli is going to be nice to watch when he gets his feet about him. I was hoping he would bury one for his introduction. Thorpe gets better each game as well. When those shots start going in we will be in fine shape. That line has been playing well along with Sekundiak. I assume Kruger was sick and Gregory was brought in as back up.

Braden Schneider released by Team Canada tonight. Their loss our gain. The reason he was released I'm guessing is because he is eligible to come back next year . He is every bit as good a player as Ty Smith of Spokane but Hockey Canada strikes again. Their political decisions have led to some poor performances by Team Canada lately. There has to be a better way to choose coaches and players without worrying about being politically inclusive. Do you think the other countries worry about having coaches from all 3 leagues and players from all 3 leagues?? Could this kind of thinking be a reason for Canada's under achieving at this tournament. Think about it.

11 to 1 one and you guys are suddenly dead silent

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHallenback View Post
    Now there's the pot calling the kettle black? Where have you been???

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHallenback View Post
    Nothing to b*tch about!

We all of a sudden look like a real hard team to play against these last 3-4 games. Kallionkieli/Burzan/McCartney line was unstoppable. To think those guys should be returning next year along with Reinhardt, grieg, Mccallum ect. we could have an offensive powerhouse next year with a pretty strong back-end as well.