Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67

Thread: 2019 Off Season Thread

This team is built for next year. We’re mainly made up of 18/17 year olds. Still a year too young but we should be better than our record. Also, trading burzan wouldn’t be smart as he likely returns as a 20 next year. He hasn’t dominated the league this year and Colorado has a pretty stacked prospect pool. Can’t see it. Our 20’s next year should be burzan/Reinhardt/Mccallum.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    This team is built for next year. We’re mainly made up of 18/17 year olds. Still a year too young but we should be better than our record. Also, trading burzan wouldn’t be smart as he likely returns as a 20 next year. He hasn’t dominated the league this year and Colorado has a pretty stacked prospect pool. Can’t see it. Our 20’s next year should be burzan/Reinhardt/Mccallum.
    If Burzan does come back as a 20 yr old, then our OA ers next year will be very good. Overall the team should be better with the experience of guys like Greig, McCartney, Chiasson, Iorio etc. It would sure be nice if we could make the playoffs this year all the same.

Agree boyz, but I'm not willing to sell the farm to help up get into the play offs and out in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    Agree boyz, but I'm not willing to sell the farm to help up get into the play offs and out in the first round.
    I agree you dont sell the farm . But it's time to use some assets to improve the team for next year. Again not everyone of these prospects can play in Brandon . Use a few to upgrade.

It’s gonna be tough to fit those 3 first rounders(roersma/danielson/Zimmer) into the lineup next season with most of our forwards returning. Guys like sekundiak/hooker will likely be moved/sent down.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    It’s gonna be tough to fit those 3 first rounders(roersma/danielson/Zimmer) into the lineup next season with most of our forwards returning. Guys like sekundiak/hooker will likely be moved/sent down.
    Not sure the team will be able to keep all 3 first rounders in next season 's lineup. Dube and Hyland who will be 17 next year will have a good shot at making the team, so no room for 5 rookie forwards if the team intends to be a contender. It looks to me like they have too many prospects now and may need to move a couple for astud d-man. Next year we will have Kallionkelli and will draft another import so not sure how you fit all these possibles into your lineup when you already have McCartney, Greig, McCallum, Reinhardt, Thorpe, Chiasson, Ginnell, Hagan, Hooker, possibly Burzan and or Pierce as another OA.

Really nice comeback tonight after a crappy first period and an unfortunate second period. Good to see secondary scoring tonight. Pierce looks like a huge upgrade on Daley. McCallum is growing on me. Reinhardt is playing at an entirely different level at present. Thought Chiasson had his best game of the year. This guy will be a player. Team really showed off their inconsistent character tonight. Very poor first period---very good third period.

So let’s do what we do best and be couch GM’s and coaches and help understand this latest acquisition with potential moves. Thiessen will be one of five 18 year olds of 8 Defence. Making the number listed as 24. Now with Ritchies injury he goes on the LTIR. So back to 23 roster spots. With a bad injury to D Hunt chances of Schneider making the WJC just got a bit better.

Thiessen is a Right hand shot. So is Schneider. Iorio is also right handed and wasn’t in the game the other night. Tell me he isn’t injured! Plus Kallionkieli is set to arrive in the next week or so. Or is he.

Something has to give. Zayat didn’t have the greatest game the other night with several turn overs. But so did Nychuk.

So? What do we think will happen?

Probably not happening while Schneider is away. When he comes back someone will need to be moved. Looks like a good pick up. Thiessen has good size and mobility. The only nagging question I have is why would the Hurricanes trade him as he is 18 , so can play this year and possibly 2 more seasons, unless he requested a move.

I haven’t checked the D situation in Lethbridge. Ice time? If he is as good as what I’m reading and we got for a 6th rd pick, then him requesting a move makes sense. We will see Friday when laces them up

I see Kelowna has made a couple of moves to improve their team being Mem Cup hosts. They acquired Matthew Wedman from Seattle for 3----yes 3 draft choices including a first and second round picks. Wow! Seems like an awful lot to give up for a 20 yr old, even if the top picks are a couple of years away. They traded Leif Matsson another 20 to Spokane. Matsson was drafted by the WK but never played for them. The trade freeze comes into effect soon some teams are doing their Xmas shopping early. Not sure what to expect from the WK tonight. Depends what team shows up.