Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97

Thread: 2019 Off Season Thread

What should the WK do tomorrow at the import draft ? there making two picks which I think one will be a swing for the fences as I think Kallionkieli is a lock to be back . I think they should get a good puck moving Dman . Somebody that can run the Power Play. They have not had much luck with imports reporting and this year will be extra tough as they wont have any help from NHL teams . So I guess we will see.

yeah who knows what players will do this coming season. I think any import would want to stay wide of USHL/NCAA with that crap they have going on down there or they scrap North America all together.

Do they go for a Hail Mary pick or follow the safe path. I don't know what the import prospect pool even looks like to try and guess. I agree on the D side of a pick but to be honest that may come from a Trade within the league. A OA LD would be my choice to play alongside Schneider. A more stay at home type of player as Schneider likes to rush now and then. Moving Nychuk to second pairing. Which with this covid stuff trades would be risky at this time.

I agree with that assessment. I never gave much thought of players staying away from the states . But that very well might be what happens .

Yaroslav Busygin is not 20 but a LD at 6'2". A point per game until MHL. With Brandon passing on their second selection they must know he will report giving us 2 imports for next year. Interesting to hear what they have to say in the next day or two on his scouting report.

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    Yaroslav Busygin is not 20 but a LD at 6'2". A point per game until MHL. With Brandon passing on their second selection they must know he will report giving us 2 imports for next year. Interesting to hear what they have to say in the next day or two on his scouting report.
    I was thinking the same thing that they must be very confident in him reporting given they passed on their second pick - that is promising

Good pick . I like that he's 17 so if he reports they should get a min 3 years out of him . I also agree they must have been given assurance he will report because the day before they said they were making two picks. So as soon as they got who they were targeting they passed on the second pick . I think that is positive.

I know next to nothing about Busygin but I know they wanted a D man that would mature with this group. Hopefully he can add some depth to our blueline

Wink

Just out of interest why are you WK fans posting stuff about the 2020 off season in a tread titled "2019 Off Season Thread"? Isn't it time to move on?

Lol I know I tried to change the thread but some don’t like change