Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89

Thread: 2019 Off Season Thread

4-0 WK after 2 periods. Team has played very well for the 2 periods. Need to play the same way and put this game away. WK are faster than Sask. so if they skate they can beat this team. Robins is a very dangerous player for the Blades.

5-1 final for WK in Saskatoon. The team played very well matching some of the very good road games they had earlier this year. Gutenberg finally had the type of game I have been expecting all year . 4 points tonight for him. Great job. The team needs to play the same fast paced game at home on Friday as a sweep of the two games would be excellent. The team needs to get out of the wildcard scenario to avoid Edmonton in the first round. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the WK schedule is tougher than either Calgary or Saskatoon. But, if they play like last night then anything is possible. The team has been very inconsistent this year so it's hard to say what will shake down.
    Last edited by booboo; 02-13-2020 at 04:55 AM.

some very important wins are needed from here on. Teams we should (MJ, REG, SC) beat we must win. Teams we must beat (PA, WPG, SAS, CGY) we need to win and teams we hope (EDM, LET) are important wins.

We seem to have the tougher remaining schedule than Wpg and PA. Mind you Wpg is without McClennon which hurts plus more away games. Going to be an interesting finish no doubt.

As long as we can get home ice in the first round we’re golden. It’s gonna hurt big time if we don’t cause essentially we’ll be playing every game on the road.

Looking forward to the big game in P.A. tonite...it should be exciting! Who makes up the schedule for the WK'S? Wednesday in Saskatoon...Friday in Brandon against the Blades and now Saturday against the Raiders in P.A....lol. Habscheid commented post game on Brandon's crazy schedule, shaking his head...Could be a tough game for Brandon with all the travel. Should see some fireworks building with the amount these two teams play coming up...

Looking at the league standings I sure hope Kelowna can turn their season around or the league is going to have egg on their face granting them the Mem Cup with a poor team. They may not even make the playoffs?? Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Looking at the league standings I sure hope Kelowna can turn their season around or the league is going to have egg on their face granting them the Mem Cup with a poor team. They may not even make the playoffs?? Yikes!
    It is so dumb what they did. Kamloops should have won the bid. Kelowna was a bubble team last year and they are still in the exact same spot again. Because the League won't let an American team host it and Kelowna's GM has such influence they get the bid. They will have a long wait when they get bounced in the 1st round this year

Last night game was rough for the Wheaties. PA is a solid team and Paddock has been given them real solid goaltending. All 3 teams PA,Winnipeg and Brandon are pretty equal it will be anyone's to take in the east

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHallenback View Post
    It is so dumb what they did. Kamloops should have won the bid. Kelowna was a bubble team last year and they are still in the exact same spot again. Because the League won't let an American team host it and Kelowna's GM has such influence they get the bid. They will have a long wait when they get bounced in the 1st round this year

Last night game was rough for the Wheaties. PA is a solid team and Paddock has been given them real solid goaltending. All 3 teams PA,Winnipeg and Brandon are pretty equal it will be anyone's to take in the east
    I agree on both comments. IMO the bid should have gone to either Kamloops or Lethbridge. It was pretty clear Kelowna was not going to have a Memorial Cup worthy team this season. Had either of the other two won the bid, they were in a position to stack their already strong teams.

The east division is definitely still a 3 if not 4 team race. The Blades are probably stuck where they are even though they have a somewhat "easier" schedule. PA struggles against them for some reason and they have 4 more games to play each other. But as was mentioned, the Raiders got a lot better with the addition of Paddock. I obviously was wrong when I wasn't thrilled at the trade, now I couldn't be happier. Brook was a big piece to give up but Paddock has changed the team.