Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96

Thread: 2019 Off Season Thread

So your thoughts on a delayed NHL draft. Will it help or hurt CHL? I prefer they Waite for the end of this regular season. I prefer they just call it a season with no winner and move on

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    So your thoughts on a delayed NHL draft. Will it help or hurt CHL? I prefer they Waite for the end of this regular season. I prefer they just call it a season with no winner and move on
    I can’t for the life of me figure out why people who call themselves hockey fans are saying they want the NHL to just not return this summer. Its unbelievable. 2020 has been an outright disaster. Let us watch some puck.

For me it’s about calling what it is.. over. It’s baseball and golf season. Start up when they are supposed to in September. Have the draft, then start of the free agency/trades for next year. Allow players proper time and equipment to train themselves for next year. Now if they start again, which sounds like they will, then of course I will love watching it.

For me it’s about calling what it is.. over. It’s baseball and golf season. Start up when they are supposed to in September. Have the draft, then start of the free agency/trades for next year. Allow players proper time and equipment to train themselves for next year. Now if they start again, which sounds like they will, then of course I will love watching it.
    That’s fair.

Well there we have it. Hockey will be all over my TV come July. Now I'm somewhat excited as my team (Habs) snuck into the Play-in round. They were not mathematically out of this years playoffs, but 99% chance to not making it. With the way the draft lottery is set up my Habs need to lose against Pitts to have a chance in moving up in the draft seating. I liked where they sat at #8 with who is available at #8.

interesting times I must say

Well there we have it. Hockey will be all over my TV come July. Now I'm somewhat excited as my team (Habs) snuck into the Play-in round. They were not mathematically out of this years playoffs, but 99% chance to not making it. With the way the draft lottery is set up my Habs need to lose against Pitts to have a chance in moving up in the draft seating. I liked where they sat at #8 with who is available at #8.

interesting times I must say
    Habs?... I thought branden Crowe said everyone in Brandon are golden knights fans????

So if burzan and Reinhardt dont sign with Colorado this summer they are both locks to
    Come back as 20’s eh?

Yep. Unless they sign AHL/ECHL Contracts, which I doubt.

With this year's pandemic nothing is certain and what direction NHL teams go in terms of signing prospects is anybody's guess. This uncertainty could help a lot of WHL teams in terms of players being returned back to Junior. Not even sure WHL season will begin in September....

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    With this year's pandemic nothing is certain and what direction NHL teams go in terms of signing prospects is anybody's guess. This uncertainty could help a lot of WHL teams in terms of players being returned back to Junior. Not even sure WHL season will begin in September....
    The QMJHL commissioner released a statement today saying they fully plan on playing a 68 game season, starting in October instead of late September. With likely a “certain percentage” of fans in the building to start the season but to be determined. All 3 leagues are likely in constant discussions with each other.