Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Not sure why Kamloops would trade away a 17 yr old for a low draft choice in 2021.
    He was a 7th round pick that never cracked their lineup in the last two seasons. While he couldn't make the cut, they must have liked something about him, enough to try to find him another chance with another team. He is a totally unproven player at the WHL level, and Brandon didn't give up much for him, so it is a low-risk move for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SectionNDeserter View Post
    He was a 7th round pick that never cracked their lineup in the last two seasons. While he couldn't make the cut, they must have liked something about him, enough to try to find him another chance with another team. He is a totally unproven player at the WHL level, and Brandon didn't give up much for him, so it is a low-risk move for both teams.
    Ok itís all about development ate their ages. I donít know what Ginnell is all about so time will tell. Iím going to go on a line and says itís a win win situation.

We have two 16yr olds that will only get better for next year. Better than sitting with Perry every other game then getting on ice experience they will now get. So I rather have Ginnell sit in the press box then either of those two. To me thatís a win...

Now I know playing actual WHL games vs midget or whatever can help a players game. But development wise I think itís a good move.

The problem there going to run in to is where do u put all these young players next year ? Highland and Dube were very close this year so they should be good to go next year for sure . You have 3 first round picks next year that look like they will be ready to move in to the lineup next year . I guess my feeling if your building around that group, should have you not let a couple of these guys like Sekundiak go and kept the young guys for the bottom six . Or do you trade 1 or two of these young prospects for a 18 or 19 year old . Another question is what is going with Kallionkieli ? I know he is injured but there has been no updates or talk at all on him . And now he is off the roster . It sucks that this team always leaves the fans in the dark .

Surprised someone hasn't fixed the glitch with the annoying pop up web sites coming up by now every time you click on a page. Hopefully soon or this will be a quiet forum.

It doesn't do it if I go on the desktop but does almost all the time on my phone. I agree its very annoying .
    Quote Originally Posted by olwpgjet View Post
    Surprised someone hasn't fixed the glitch with the annoying pop up web sites coming up by now every time you click on a page. Hopefully soon or this will be a quiet forum.

Iíve sent an email so hopefully they got several messages on that. I canít get on this with my cell phone because of it

“We will not be outworked”.....the ice had almost double the wheaties shots... looks like you got outworked Dave.

New thread?

Even though the WK got outworked and outplayed nothing has changed as far as the referees in the WHL. The two tonight Crocker and Murray were awful. It's too bad that we have to put up with this head scratching very inconsistent reffing every year in this league. It really really spoils the entertainment value of WHL games on many nights. Back to the team--they are going to need more from some of the vets that have been around for a couple of years in order to be successful this year.

Ok so they call Greigs Major, unfortunately that's the rec hockey this league is turning into . But what Harje did 5 minutes after to me was equally as bad . 3 cross checks to the head . I agree Brandon lost that game on there own but the stripes were as bad as u will see on any given night . I just wish they either would call it all or dont call any of it.