Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Off Season Thread

Two hours ago I replied to BWK last post regarding season tickets. Then one to Perry B to update the fans. Boom here we have it! Was it mere coincidence or saying they may help their own cause in ticket sales with an update! None the less this update was both expected if not hoped.

Yes totally agree he has done SFA for the kids in the past three years. So sad

I'm thinking this is good news as it shows KM knows he has some excellent prospects coming in the next two years and he needs a coach that can bring out the best in these prospects. It also injects some needed hope in the minds of the season ticket holders. It also shows that KM has kept a pulse on what happened last year because we all know there were far too many screw-ups by the GM and coaches. I would think that the parents of the WK prospects would also be exactic as it shows that the team is serious about developing their kids with top notch coaching.

Perry Bergson says crim is considering Don MacGillivray....
    Last edited by denim_dan; 06-11-2019 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    Perry Bergson says crim is considering Don MacGillivray....
    Surely you jest. What difference will there be from last year with him as head coach? Same crap different pile. A new GM will want to hire his own coach I'm sure, so I question your statement.

That's what Perry said but I bet the new GM will not go that Route. I believe Don was in charge of the specialty teams the last 3 years and it might have been the worst I have seen in a long time . So basically the same coach that has been here the last 3 years . I want some new blood from outside the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Surely you jest. What difference will there be from last year with him as head coach? Same crap different pile. A new GM will want to hire his own coach I'm sure, so I question your statement.
    Question my statement all you want. It’s on Twitter. Not saying I believe it or want it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    Question my statement all you want. It’s on Twitter. Not saying I believe it or want it to happen.
    He might and I mean might be an adequate assistant coach, but a head coaching job in the WHL is beyond his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    He might and I mean might be an adequate assistant coach, but a head coaching job in the WHL is beyond his abilities.
    Remember he has been a western hockey league coach before in the 90’s. But I agree they gotta get in some new fresh faces. Someone who’s not only experienced but someone who’s had success at this level. Lowry or hanlon would be ideal. Not sure what else is available.

I would be alright with Marty Murray or Blake Spiller to coach . I would like some experience . Both have had very successful teams where they are now . Now Spiller is hosting the RBC cup this year so I don’t see him leaving and as far as I know Marty won’t leave Minot till his kids Graduate. My point is I would be Alright with guys like that .

Savoie committing to Winnipeg is huge news for that organization as well as the WHL. Wpg and bdn will have some
    Good teams in a few years.