Page 48 of 97 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Off Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    I can’t see Brandon selling for quite a while. They are banking on staying competitive for the next 3-4 years and have the assets to do so. I think Schneider is here for his 19 year old season. Great defensemen, but lacks the offensive dominance a junior hockey player needs to jump into the NHL at such a young age. Provorov was a completely different animal. I can see Kelowna or Saskatoon going after Calen Addison if the canes are wanting to rebuild a bit. If kirby dach returns to the blades they are a contender and could go all-in. If not I see them battling it out with Brandon and maybe PA for the division. Winnipeg could surprise people too.
    I think Winnipeg is going to do fine, and with a trade or two, could be pretty good. Still a pretty young team, with lots of assets starting to mature.

Remember they had a very bad coach the last 3 years . I think Schneider has more offence then people think . Anning was a idiot and put everybody in the wrong situations. There power play was bad last year so why would they not have put Schneider on the second unit to get some experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    Remember they had a very bad coach the last 3 years . I think Schneider has more offence then people think . Anning was a idiot and put everybody in the wrong situations. There power play was bad last year so why would they not have put Schneider on the second unit to get some experience.
    it was disappointing to see the players development, or lack there of, under Anning. Everyone has been inpatient with Daley, but im really rooting for him to do good under new coach and systems this year. Would help this team tremendously if he could start producing and put up 20+ goals this season. Looking at this years roster, I think our offence will actually be pretty good if things fall into place. I really think McCartney and Greig are gonna do big things this year. Each could have 30+ goal seasons. Reinhardt should get to 30 as well. Burzan 40-50. I expect more from Gutenberg as he somewhat regressed statistically last year. Im not sure what to expect from kallionkieli but hes drafted and from what Im reading hes pure goal scorer with a lethal shot. If he can put up 25-30 goals, Our top 6 is looking pretty not bad.

I think a coach with the experience of Lowry will help a lot of the players develop their potential that was certainly stifled under Anning. Lowry knows what the kids need to do to move on to the next level since he has been there and coached at Junior and the pros. I think Derlago is going to help a lot relating to the younger guys. There certainly is a lot more optimism around the team now.

I agree booboo. If these kids have done their homework they should get to know his background and expectations before suiting up. Putting an extra step in their game off the get go. Damn looking forward to the next year plus

it was disappointing to see the players development, or lack there of, under Anning. Everyone has been inpatient with Daley, but im really rooting for him to do good under new coach and systems this year. Would help this team tremendously if he could start producing and put up 20+ goals this season. Looking at this years roster, I think our offence will actually be pretty good if things fall into place. I really think McCartney and Greig are gonna do big things this year. Each could have 30+ goal seasons. Reinhardt should get to 30 as well. Burzan 40-50. I expect more from Gutenberg as he somewhat regressed statistically last year. I’m not sure what to expect from kallionkieli but he’s drafted and from what I’m reading he’s pure goal scorer with a lethal shot. If he can put up 25-30 goals, Our top 6 is looking pretty not bad.

I agree, I think that is the main reason they brought in Lowry, to change what they see as a failing culture. I fully expect this team to score a lot next year. They should be 3 lines deep. I have been told KallionKieli will play as a winger. He is a big guy 6'2 or so and 200 pounds. He had a good year in the USHL and I expect him to continue that here. I also expect Grieg to have the "eye of the tiger" coming back from the Hlinka with aspirations of being a 1st round pick, he should be hungry this year.

Lots of good teams in the east though. Even the weakest team won't be that bad

Great start for Ridley Grieg at the Hlinka tournament in the Czech Republic. He had a goal and an assist and looked very fast. Could be poised for a breakout season along with McCartney.

Joe, If kallionkieli is a “lock” to come here why has he not signed yet? Getting a little close to training camp..

Joe, If kallionkieli is a “lock” to come here why has he not signed yet? Getting a little close to training camp..
    I agree. Why is he not signed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    I agree. Why is he not signed yet?
    No need to sign.

Drafted and signed by Vegas. Their choice to assign him.