Page 61 of 97 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Off Season Thread

If Gutenberg and Wytinck are below average OA players then why are they still on the team? How does the team feed the fans the crap about wanting to make the playoffs when they keep these two and Daley and Sekundiak around? They are classic underachievers who need to be replaced at some point this season if the team is really serious about making the playoffs? If not then the playoffs may be just wishful thinking. I know I am very critical of theses players, but that's how I see it. I guess we will have a better idea after the next 9 games. Edm at home Sask on the road and 7 games on the US road trip.

The reason they are keeping the overage players around, is because they are signed to Educational Contracts, and replacing them with marginally better overage players, that they would also have to sign to an Educational Contract, isn't good business. The WHL doesn't work the same way that it did 20 years ago. A team's fate is often decided by moves that their management made two or three years ago.

This team will be in deep trouble if they cant find some secondary scoring. Only one of there 12 goals have been scored by a forward not on the top line. Pretty easy to defend Brandon . If the Burzan line is shut down they are in trouble. Hate to keep ragging on the two 20s but they are huge liability's right now. I would rather let the young guys make mistakes and learn then watch those two right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    This team will be in deep trouble if they cant find some secondary scoring. Only one of there 12 goals have been scored by a forward not on the top line. Pretty easy to defend Brandon . If the Burzan line is shut down they are in trouble. Hate to keep ragging on the two 20s but they are huge liability's right now. I would rather let the young guys make mistakes and learn then watch those two right now.
    ExactLy my sentiments. No secondary scoring and 19's and 20's that are simply not good enough since they should be your top players given their age. This will haunt this team all year unless something is done or these older players somehow miraculously start to contribute more.

I thought it was a really good effort last night against a team that decimated the Ice the night before, hitting, speed and desire, I was entertained!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Yeah, our veterans suck. Already looking forward to next year.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    Yeah, our veterans suck. Already looking forward to next year.
    I have that sick feeling that Ritchie will not make many changes this year unless we start losing a ton of games and his hand is forced. I am not sure the present lineup can make the playoffs but will wait until after the US trip before I start to panic. If we go lose the 2 games against Saskatoon and go 2-5 or so on the road trip we will have dug a bit of a hole for ourselves with a 4-11 record. We should finish above MJ,Wpg, and Reg, but who knows for sure. yikes! Would you believe it 2 nights in a row a McCartmey goal waved off because he kicked it in. What are the chances of that!! Had one today against Saskatoon as well as last night.

the WHL reffing has become a joke. Way too many soft calls every game. It’s become tough hockey to watch. I’m so thankful we have the jets or else I’d probably start to lose interest in a sport that I have loved my entire life. The dub has become garbage hockey. Every big hit gets penalized. If anyone falls to the ice the refs quickly assume it’s a trip. Just garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    the WHL reffing has become a joke. Way too many soft calls every game. Itís become tough hockey to watch. Iím so thankful we have the jets or else Iíd probably start to lose interest in a sport that I have loved my entire life. The dub has become garbage hockey. Every big hit gets penalized. If anyone falls to the ice the refs quickly assume itís a trip. Just garbage.
    You just realized that the reffing is a sore that won't heal for the WHL!! It's been like that for a long time and does not get any better. I cannot understand why the league penalizes physicality. The game in the WHL is becoming ***** hockey and a lot of people are not happy about it. Physicality leads to passionate play which to me is very good. The game has become too passive in the WHL. THANK GOODNESS the NHL is not watching as the can still hit in that league.

Another bit of a melt down in the 3rd period as the WK give up 2 goals. Overall the team played well considering it is their 3rd game in 3 nights. Third goal for the Blades was not a good one by Patera. Oops the team scores 2 goals in the last minute and a half to tie the game. Good to see Gutenberg finally get a goal.
    Great job by the team tonight gutting out a shootout win in Saskatoon . Just the kind of effort and win the team needs to get things going. Impressive effort.
    Last edited by booboo; 10-06-2019 at 06:53 PM.

I couldn’t even watch the last 5 minutes of the game today. Probably the last time I purchase a WHL live game this season. We’re just not a good team and aside from burzan, McCartney and greig, we have nothing exciting. EDIT: we....won?
    Last edited by denim_dan; 10-06-2019 at 07:20 PM.