Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Blades vs Raiders

Iconcup Blades vs Raiders

Well from a financial standpoint the Blades have to be happy playing the Raiders. Both buildings should be rockin. Raiders won the season series 6-2...it's going to be a great series and a windfall for both teams. Too bad these teams had to meet in round 2 but it is what it is. Raiders in 6 is my prediction.

Well it sounds like the Blades were hoping to get the Raiders. I have said all year that the Blades are the 2nd best team in the Conf if not the League . But they will have there hands full with the Raiders I would say. I like the Raiders goaltending better then the Blades. I would give the Blades a slight edge over the Raiders Defence . And a slight edge to the forwards to the Raiders. Who ever wins this series is my pick to win the league

Both teams are healthy, both teams will be rested , no excuses. If the refs let them play PA in 5. If not Raiders in 7 because their only weakness is a so, so power play and Saskatoon power play is very good. Hence the propensity for Saskatoon to embellish things all over the ice.(my reference is especially for Dach). I do give this kid some credit though as he has toughened up through the year. If he plays through the rough play he will get from the PA defense and maintains his composure in the games Saskatoon has a chance.
    I have issue with post giving the edge to Saskatoon defence. PA defence is far better defensively than Sktn. Offensively, the Blade defense has the edge with Dawson Davidson and Nolan Kneen. But by far the best shut down pair in the league are Pachal and Hayes. Key to the series will be if these two are able to shutdown Gerlach and Dach. PA has huge advantage in that they can put together three strong lines which will be a tough matchup for Saskatoon all series long.

Totally uneducated prediction from me, based only on games th3se two teams played against Bdn
    PA in 5 or maybe 6...
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Well it's on...ARMAGEDDON AT THE HAUSER! Gerlach has been blabbing that the blades are not just confident but " super confident" going against the Raiders. Well Mr. Gerlach watch what you wish for cause you just might get it...! Interview done with Chase Wouters shows why he is the captain of the blades...Wouters is the polar opposite of Gerlach....well spoken and not a blowhard. Here is hoping we blow the lid off the Hauser tonite...

Well after game 1 it's back to the drawing board for the Blades. Raiders deserved the big win - but those TV timeouts were painful, and probably benefit the Blades more than PA.

Saskatoon has a really good team, but the Raiders are going to be tough to beat if they keep playing the way they did in game 1. The Raiders are a veteran laden team that has size, speed, skill and a whole lot of toughness. If you look at the last two teams to win the WHL Championship (Swift Current and Seattle), the Raiders reminded me a bit of those two teams last night. Saskatoon has some good veterans as well, but some of their better players are still pretty young (and / or smaller). Eric Florchuk is in his 18 year old season, but could be stronger. Kirby Dach, Tristen Robins and Nolan Maier are all in their 17 year old seasons. Kyle Crnkovic is in his 16 year old season and is small. Ryan Hughes is in his 19 year old season, but he has a small frame. Max Gerlach is a highly skilled OA, but he is a smaller player. Dawson Davidson is a really good offensive defenseman and can hold his own, but he's only 5"11, which is shorter than any PA defenseman. The Blades are going to have to do a much better job defensively, clearing pucks around their net and not allowing so many grade A scoring chances. They're also going to have to create more quality scoring chances of their own and capitalize when they do have their chances (e.g. Kirby Dach had a great scoring chance, when he was in alone on Ian Scott, but couldn't find the back of the net). They're going to have to use their speed and skill and play with a lot more confidence (fearlessness) in order to create more scoring chances.

I really like the team that the Blades have this year, but their lack of size and youthfulness is probably going to prevent them from getting past the Raiders. I could be wrong, but the Raiders had a really strong showing in game 1.

Things are playing out pretty much as expected. Scott outplaying Maier. Reffing has been excellent and for the most part letting them play which is a big advantage for the Raiders. PA has proven all year that when push comes to shove they can take their game to another level. Biggest surprise for me has been the play of Kirby Dach . His game is maturing before our eyes. He has shown great battle and composure. He has been great on the penalty kill proving he can play defense. Matching up against Hayes ad Pachal all night and he has controlled the zone and puck possession but he needs some help. Given the physicality of the series so far will he wear down as the series goes on. Hughes and Wouthers have been pretty good but Gerlach, Florchuk and Robins need to step up or it will be a short series. Saskatoon has traditionally been a hard place for PA to win but I cant see the Blades winning 4 of 5 from PA at this point.
    I will say they played very well last night though and I am sure Love will try to get Dach away from Pachal and Hayes so it will be interesting to see if this will make a difference.
    Another thing I have noticed is PAs third line is feasting on Saskatoons third line. Yesterday Moe, Weisblatt and Fonstad dominated Sktns third line when that group was put together.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bomb View Post
    Another thing I have noticed is PAs third line is feasting on Saskatoons third line. Yesterday Moe, Weisblatt and Fonstad dominated Sktns third line when that group was put together.
    I haven't been watching, but if PA's depth allows a player like Fonstad to be on the third line, that's a huge issue for the opposition!!
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
    I haven't been watching, but if PA's depth allows a player like Fonstad to be on the third line, that's a huge issue for the opposition!!
    Correction that is Fonstad, Weisblatt and Gregor...we really don't have a 3rd line...we have 3 firsts and a fourth line.