Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Blades vs Raiders

The Blades came out flying in game 2, but couldn't convert enough of their chances and it looked like they ran out of steam later in the game, while PA turned it on a bit. I believe it was Ryan Hughes that had a good opportunity to score in the first, the Blades had a couple of power plays in the first as well that they were unable to score on. They Blades also had a 4 on 1 at one point and a few other chances. Both teams had their chances and both goaltenders played great. It could have been a much higher scoring game. I agree that Max Gerlach (and a few others) need to be a factor in this series if the Blades have any chance of winning. It seems like most of Max's chances are shots from further out, which is a credit to PA's defense.

The Raiders should be focused on finishing this series in 4 games in order to limit damage and increase their opportunity to heal and rest. If you look at the last two WHL Champions, Seattle was tired by game 6 of the WHL final and had a poor showing at the Memorial Cup (they looked tired), while the Bronco's were injured and probably a bit tired at the Memorial Cup last year as well.

Blades coach on the Radio disputing that the blades "dive".
    .how about asking M.J. if the blades like to dive? Also coach hate states that the Raiders have been targeting the heads of blades players...lol Blades are crapping their pants and are getting desperate!

Habscheid has a tendency to mix his lines up when things are not clicking hence the Fonstad,Moe, Weisblat group in game two. It worked as they played great in third. Line of Fonstad,Gregoire and Weisblat probably put back together tonight but I agree with comment that PA's depth allows them to put together 3 strong lines.
    Last edited by The Bomb; 04-09-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    Blades coach on the Radio disputing that the blades "dive".
    .how about asking M.J. if the blades like to dive? Also coach hate states that the Raiders have been targeting the heads of blades players...lol Blades are crapping their pants and are getting desperate!
    Wow Love lost it.
    Point1: Blades team got their reputation for diving by their play in the regular season. If Love did not like that style of play he should have nipped it in the bud then. This reputation was not based on perception but reality. Have they continued to do it in the playoffs. No I agree they have played the two games in this series differently a credit to them.

Point2:To come out and say PA has been embellishing and getting calls is just wrong and bias. I've seen both games live. Last year MJ and Swift Current where very strong and against PA seemed to get most of the calls. Was it because they were the best teams in the WHL or because their skill and speed caused other teams to take penalties. Probably a little bit of both. Bottom line, the Raiders have out played the Blades for most of this series hence have drawn more penalties. This guy insinuates that because the Raiders took 69 more minor penalties in the regular season they should get more penalties in the playoffs. Is he out of his mind, the two have no relation to each other. This is why they play the games.

Point 3: To say Mark Habscheid and Tim Hunter get special treatment from the league and from officiating in public is nuts. For years people have said Brent Sutter and Kelly McCrimmon have gotten this treatment and there is some truth to it as there is an intimidation factor involved, but no top team official has ever come out and said things like this publicly. When Habscheid made the dive jester to the officials in Sunday's game I don't think he did it to say the SKtn player was a diver. He was just making a point to the officials that there should have been no penalty. Watch the replay the kid was falling before contact was made. Bad call, should not have been a penalty.

Love is in over his head. I see big league fine/suspension coming for the Saskatoon Blades.
    Last edited by The Bomb; 04-09-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Looking like a good series! Wonder if the Oil Kings can capitalize on the rest they are receiving?

Alas, as a Wheaties fan all I can do is log on and count the 99s on each Roster. Not sure who comes out in the best position next year.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatTheDUB View Post
    Looking like a good series! Wonder if the Oil Kings can capitalize on the rest they are receiving?

Alas, as a Wheaties fan all I can do is log on and count the 99s on each Roster. Not sure who comes out in the best position next year.
    Oil Kings are grinning ear to ear over this series! Next year Blades top of the heap...I expect Raiders to finish where M.J. ended up this year in 3rd place. Brandon, could be a dark horse, hard to say how they finish. Pats, Swift, and Moosey bringing up the rear, in my opinion...

Swift Current staying in the East? What about Winnipeg?

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Swift Current staying in the East? What about Winnipeg?
    Win-a-pig with their stylish arena will struggle I am guessing. Your right Speedy Creek should be heading west...A very small arena will hurt the Ice...look what it did to the Canes...

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    Win-a-pig with their stylish arena will struggle I am guessing. Your right Speedy Creek should be heading west...A very small arena will hurt the Ice...look what it did to the Canes...
    Beats the crap out of playing in Cranbrook for certain or even the two Princes. Collar must be getting tight in PA. I still think they win but.......

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Beats the crap out of playing in Cranbrook for certain or even the two Princes. Collar must be getting tight in PA. I still think they win but.......
    Going to be a barn burner at the Hauser...we need that 3rd win!