Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Blades vs Raiders

Game 3 was fantastic to watch. Both teams had a lot of good scoring chances, but Saskatoon didn't fade out towards the end of the game like they did in the first two games and they ended up winning 1-0.

In game 4 the Blades ended up getting goals from important players other than Kirby Dach, which helped propel them to victory.

What does game 5 have in store? Will the Raiders play the way that they did in game 1? Will Saskatoon play a full 60 minutes or will they fade out in the second half of the game? The Blades will have to win at least 1 game in Prince Albert if they want to win this series. It's a great series so far.

Solid win by the Raiders in game 5, the team has shown Maier isn't invincible. Will be a big test of PA's depth Sunday with Fonstad hurt and Nachs suspended. Which AP gets added?

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Solid win by the Raiders in game 5, the team has shown Maier isn't invincible. Will be a big test of PA's depth Sunday with Fonstad hurt and Nachs suspended. Which AP gets added?
    Who would you add?
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Cole Nagy and Schaffler. Nagy is much the same body type as Nauch. Lets see what kind of energy he can bring to the fourth line. Schauffler has paid his dues for this club all year and even though he will be a solid dman for this team next year he has done a good job when called upon to play forward. If this team wants to win the league they have to prove they can beat a good team on the road in a tough barn.

Saskatoon is banged up. In game three we dominated opening period and only scored once. Take away Saskatoons hope early with some goals.

If it goes to game 7 I predict a PA win but as someone posted earlier Edmonton would love that to happen.

I hate the idea of Dmen playing forward. With the amount of time that Habby plays the 4th line they should let Herman play. I think it would help Herman in the future to dress. Even if its for 2 shifts like Brook got until the Raiders were up 5-1 last game.

I don't like a D playing forward either, but Schaufler hasn't really hurt the team the limited time he is on the ice. Nagy brings good size, Herman played with huge energy the few shifts I have seen him play. However they go, I expect Habby to lean even more on his top guys today, and hope they can outlast Stoons big guns. Gotta wonder if Dach and Maier will be at 100%.

I guess my point about Herman and Nagy playing over Schauffler is that Both Herman and Nagy are a pretty big part of the team going forward. To me Schauffler would understand sitting in the stand if 2 forwards took the 2 forward slots that may be open. However I would think Herman(who has been with the team for close to a month) would begin second guessing himself sitting behind Schauffler who is really a depth defencemen . I don't care if they only play 5 shifts a game its more about the experience and being part of the team. I really don't like that these kids aren't on the roster for that reason as well. If you think about the depth chart for defencemen that will be on the team I am not sure Schauffler will ever be more then a #6 guy. Pachal , Hayes , Guhle , Allan, Clark , and hopefully Kosior would be the top 6 next year. We need to Hope hunt can sign Kosior

well Mr. Gerlach you got what you wished for...are you happy? Is it true Les Lazaruk had a melt down during the game..calling down Raider fans? If he did what a classless loser...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    well Mr. Gerlach you got what you wished for...are you happy? Is it true Les Lazaruk had a melt down during the game..calling down Raider fans? If he did what a classless loser...lol
    I checked his twitter as there's usually some indication of what these small time radio personalities have to say after a series is over. Looks like he was busy muting people who were calling him out. At any rate, good riddance to the Blades. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mill rat View Post
    I checked his twitter as there's usually some indication of what these small time radio personalities have to say after a series is over. Looks like he was busy muting people who were calling him out. At any rate, good riddance to the Blades. lol
    It is quite humerous this morning to read the stories on WHL Network and Dubnetwork about the Raiders series win...all ONE paragraph of writing...lol. If the Blades had won it would be headlines even in the Moscow Herald lol. I agree...good riddance...