Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WHL Championship series

Default WHL Championship series

Well EOKs, thanks for coming out. Way less hatred than the Blade series, but sure felt good knocking out that whiner TFW.
    Now how do we stack up against the Giants? They fed it to us on national TV in January, hopefully that was a off game for PA.
    I am doing my best to get to Van for games 3-5.

Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Well EOKs, thanks for coming out. Way less hatred than the Blade series, but sure felt good knocking out that whiner TFW.
    Now how do we stack up against the Giants? They fed it to us on national TV in January, hopefully that was a off game for PA.
    I am doing my best to get to Van for games 3-5.
    I would imagine the Ches Leach lounge should be rocking for the away games...Great payback series when the Oil Kings swept us on the road to the Memorial cup...now they can hit the golf course....

So Raiders have made it to WHL Finals ! If Fonstad can elevate PA wins. Key will also be home ice advantage for PA. Take care of business at home in first two games and PA will win series. Split and I give Vancouver the edge.
    Raiders were outshot in Edmonton series which was a surprise. All year they have controlled the shot clock against the opposition. They will need to play better in this series than they did against Edmonton if they are going to beat a much better Vancouver team. Goaltending a wash and PA has not had to deal with any team that has had this to match up against. So again they need to out shoot the opposition. Bowen Byram has had a huge playoff on the backend for the Giants so this gives Vancouver a big offensive advantage from the back end. Goals scored and against are virtually even in this playoffs, but I would give the offensive advantage to the Raiders overall. More depth and better secondary scoring as shown in the regular season give PA the edge at forward. Special teams is a big advantage for the Giants especially on the power play as they have had a great playoff in this area. Should be a great series. Cant wait!!
    Last edited by The Bomb; 04-30-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Raiders were nervous for the first period and dug themselves a hole. Giants are a good team especially on the PP. That non call at the end of the game where Martin gets drilled from behind right into the boards in front of the ref...how can any ref in any league anywhere justify that non call...and then penalize the Raiders for a slash right after...lolol? Bowen Byram talented player but what a dork....he gets whacked in his pants with a stick and he flips his head back...maybe the Blades should trade for him...lol

What a strong effort by the boys tonight, besides a few times when Vancouver had sustained pressure for a minute or 2, the Raiders dominated the play, Scott made a couple key saves even with little work to do.
    PA should be going into the Giants barn knowing they can win, just gotta earn it.

Raiders have been better so far. Should have won both games. Scott gets a pass in game 1 because he was solid in game 2. Martin's injury did not look good as he has had past shoulder problems. That being said I heard it is not a break but just a separation so there is a possibility he is back, which is huge because he is a key member of the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bomb View Post
    Raiders have been better so far. Should have won both games. Scott gets a pass in game 1 because he was solid in game 2. Martin's injury did not look good as he has had past shoulder problems. That being said I heard it is not a break but just a separation so there is a possibility he is back, which is huge because he is a key member of the defense.
    Martin boarded the jet today, and I have heard he is good to go. Hope thats good info.

Martin boarded the jet today, and I have heard he is good to go. Hope thats good info.
    Heard you boarded the jet as well...tonite could be the night!!

Ya home now. Probably go watch at the Ches Leach tonight. I changed my mind back and forth 10 time between the end of game 4 and boarding the plane last night LOL.

Ya home now. Probably go watch at the Ches Leach tonight. I changed my mind back and forth 10 time between the end of game 4 and boarding the plane last night LOL.
    Will miss the Yorke jersey...hopefully we wrap things up tonite! I spoke to a mutual friend this morning at Tim Hortons who told me that he tried to talk you into staying...lol. Give er hell in the Ches Leach tonite...