Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/2020 Regular season

As we seen last year they have very few guys that have any finish around the net . I would have zero issue shipping all 3 overages out and bringing Unger back and finding a couple more overagers . I'm losing faith in Patera more and more every game . Ritchie needs to unload some assets to find some offence . To much dead weight with some veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirmel View Post
    As we seen last year they have very few guys that have any finish around the net . I would have zero issue shipping all 3 overages out and bringing Unger back and finding a couple more overagers . I'm losing faith in Patera more and more every game . Ritchie needs to unload some assets to find some offence . To much dead weight with some veterans.
    I am just spitballing here but my guess is Ritchie, Gasper, and Lowry are giving last year's underachieving players of which there are 5 or 6 a chance to play themselves on or off the team. I am guessing that changes will need to be made but exactly when and how they occur---probably after the roadtrip to the US if our record is something like 4-11 or 5-10 after the trip. I am also guessing or hoping that with the addition of Greig and eventually Kallionkelli will improve our offence which is pitiful at present. I have seen no improvement in Daley, Sekundiak, Salame, Hooker, Gutenberg,Wytinck, and McCallum. The team could really improve by getting rid of at least 2 of their 20's( No.s 24 and 29) who are not nearly good enough considering their age and replace them with 2 others who will have a bigger impact. Just not sure how Ritchie goes about making the necessary changes.

Wow! Nate Danielson has had a tremendous start to his U18 season with the Northern Alberta Extrerme. 12 points in 3 games the same number as Matthew Savoie with RHA. This guy looks like a super prospect.
    Last edited by booboo; 09-29-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Default I Agree......

I agree - this team has no real superstar scoring and if we are going to rely on scoring by committee, then who will step up. Regardless, if Greig or an import help the scoring,
    then what happens when we get injuries - no one can score??? Its going to be a tough learning curve and might as well let the young guys learn over losing with 19's that are never
    getting any better. When talking about the 20's, there is no way they trade Gutenberg after making him the captain - that was very premature to do that and now that we are
    all seeing he is no better than last year, well its too late. Maybe at the deadline, if a team needed help with a 20, but IMO he stays, purely by the fact that he is captain. If you
    trade him now, it makes everyone look like idiots for naming him captain then dumping him. Its not a great situation and the schedule looks tough. I expect we are well under .500
    for quite a while - and it will be tough to get it back. Sorry fans!!!

Yeah Gutenberg is not getting moved lol. Who would want him??? Also, This organization fails every year at keeping the fans in the loop. What’s going on with kallionkieli??? Why is branden Crowe and Perry Bergson still recording dumb videos of themselves pumping up the tires of these kids when they should be explaining what the timeline is on our injured players. It’s mind boggling. Nobody wants to hear about how hard the boys played when they are still losing games. I get that it’s only 4 games into the season, but so far.. what’s been different from last year?? Literally not a thing. Moose Jaw is a terrible team. They come into Brandon and absolutely destroy us 5-0 on home ice and then beat us with a minute left in regulation the very next day.. and all Lowry can say it “it’s an adjustment period”... no it’s not lol the adjustment period should have been in pre-season. Get your **** together now or we’ll be a bottom feeder by Christmas.

Nice to see 3 WK prospects-----Danielson,Roersma, and goalie Jones make the Alberta U16 team.

Quote Originally Posted by kelico99 View Post
    I agree - this team has no real superstar scoring and if we are going to rely on scoring by committee, then who will step up. Regardless, if Greig or an import help the scoring,
    then what happens when we get injuries - no one can score??? Its going to be a tough learning curve and might as well let the young guys learn over losing with 19's that are never
    getting any better. When talking about the 20's, there is no way they trade Gutenberg after making him the captain - that was very premature to do that and now that we are
    all seeing he is no better than last year, well its too late. Maybe at the deadline, if a team needed help with a 20, but IMO he stays, purely by the fact that he is captain. If you
    trade him now, it makes everyone look like idiots for naming him captain then dumping him. Its not a great situation and the schedule looks tough. I expect we are well under .500
    for quite a while - and it will be tough to get it back. Sorry fans!!!
    Yep, may be a tough learning curve. Young players usually require time to get up to speed.

I do think, however, that Greig and Kallionkieli could make a significant difference...having them in the line-up allows for other forwards to be slotted in their rightful place (3rd or 4th line).

With Greig or Kallionkieli not dressed, I have no problem with veteran players being exposed (or exposing themselves) as not being "good enough" to remain in the line-up. If a player is 19 or 20, or even 18, he needs to produce adequately in order to be there. If not, use the ice time for a younger player.

We will see where this team is after the 3 in 3 games this weekend against highly rated teams.I know it's very early but this weekend should be a good measuring stick. Having watched 3 of the first 4 games so far I see the same team as last year minus our big shooter Mattheos. If there is little improvement going forward we will be in trouble this year methinks.

Nice to see 3 WK prospects make Team Manitoba---Bennett, Harris, and Zimmer. The team had a great bantam draft last year with 6 players now playing in the U16 tournament this fall. Definitely a great future for the team.

PA now has 4 OA including 3 defenceman Hayes, Martin , and Masella. Either one would be an upgrade over Wytinck. Better defensive defenceman and more physical than Wytinck. Why don't we go out and get one of them??

**update: Martin traded to Kamloops. So much for that idea.
    Last edited by booboo; 10-04-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Yeah, you’ll never see division rivals handing out good overage players to each other. They always ship them out west.

I think Lowry is getting through to these guys. Skate and play hard good things can happen. Good weekend of hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    I think Lowry is getting through to these guys. Skate and play hard good things can happen. Good weekend of hockey
    Overall the team played very well this weekend compared to their first two games at home. Lack of secondary scoring is still a concern going forward.