Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/2020 Regular season

yes it has been and unfortunately will be. I am hoping, however, that Chiasson starts to pick up like Greig did last year. He does well, skates well but nothing in the scoring department just yet.

I think Chiasson will take a little more time then Greig . But I like his work ethic . He has played well so far I think . If I was the opposing teams I would skate wide on WytnicK every time. Almost everybody blew right by him all weekend. I thought his strong point was his skating .

I think that was a very encouraging weekend of hockey, entertaining as well. With limited skills, this team needs to play Lowry type hockey to have a chance to win games consistently. What an improvement from the home games against Wpg and MJ. Well done.
    Obviously they will need more secondary scoring, maybe McCallum will produce a bit. I don't think Chiasson will put up points like Greig did in his 16 year old season, but i like his skating and size
    Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Wytinck's days likely numbered...

WHEAT KINGS ACQUIRE OVERAGE DEFENCEMAN

Brandon, MB. – The Brandon Wheat Kings have announced the acquisition of 20-year old defenceman Dominic Schmiemann from the Tri-City Americans.

In exchange for the 6’4” 198 lb. defenceman, the Wheat Kings surrendered a fifth round pick in the 2020 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft as well as a conditional sixth round selection in 2022.

A four year WHL veteran from James River Bridge, Alberta, the 20-year old Schmiemann has scored seven goals, 39 points and accumulated 268 minutes in penalties in 207 career games. In four games for the Americans this season, the former first round bantam selection (12th overall, 2014) of the Swift Current Broncos has one goal and 11 penalty minutes.

He also has 14 games of playoff experience. In addition to the Americans and Broncos, Schmiemann also spent the 2017-18 season with the Calgary Hitmen.

“With this move to get Dom, we have changed the makeup of our defence,” says Brandon general manager Darren Ritchie.

The addition of Schmiemann leaves Brandon with four overage players on its roster. He joins goalkeeper Jiri Patera, captain Connor Gutenberg and defenceman Zach Wytinck. WHL clubs need to be down to three 20-year old players by the October 10th deadline, meaning Ritchie will need to make another roster decision before Thursday.

Not really a surprise that Wytinck is likely gone as after watching all the team's games so far he was probably the worst defenceman in the group. Even his offence was overrated as he did not have much of a shot. You can see he has been replaced by Schneider and Nychuk and Iorio on the PP--which by the way has been very poor so far whereas the PK has been fantastic. Must be looking for a place to trade him or else he goes to the MJHL.

You know Daley is on the PK right? lol.... Wytinck is gone for sure. There will be no takers for him either. Every other team has 3 OA's already unless there is somebody out there worse than Wytinck.

Daley should be the next player to exit the team. Very surprised he is still on the team. If the management has noticed Wytinck is a liability then Daley should be next if our import ever shows up. Glad to see the management has the balls to make this move.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Daley should be the next player to exit the team. Very surprised he is still on the team. If the management has noticed Wytinck is a liability then Daley should be next if our import ever shows up. Glad to see the management has the balls to make this move.
    I heard Dayley was on the wire but no teams wanted him... Also didn’t Baron kick Schmiemann‘s a$$
    What does this kid offer the Wk’s?

I didn't think Thompson was much of a fighter for his size, so would be surprised if he did beat someone in a fight. Of course no one wants Daley. Anyone can see he is over his head in the WHL.

I think if/when Kallionkieli gets here Daley will find himself playing with where he belongs with the Wpg Blues.

The Dominator should offer a better D man than Wytinck. That in itself should be huge.

It's not a fighting league any more so Bubba fought when he had too. The last one was the best in Riley Mckay after Riley tried to intimidate everybody during the game. A booming hit then an azz kicking. lol loved it

Fast forward a bit here..... Burzan, Reinhardt, Sekundiak and Daley will be our OA selections for next year... wow! Burzan I like and can't see him being traded this year. Reinhardt does a lot but not score ( I guess I would keep him for now).. that's it!
    Last edited by Molsonsman; 10-08-2019 at 07:18 AM.