Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 off season

Default 2020 off season

Let’s try that this. Import draft just happened and we got

https://wheatkings.com/article/wheat...l-import-draft

Heard the import D man they drafted is serious about coming over to play for Brandon. They must have known he was gonna come or else they probably would have drafted a second import.

Yes I agree it makes sense. The USA need to get their crap in order so the US teams can play and not be a state wide freeze on any gatherings more than 25

Here’s a thought....

NCAA football program is canceled. Soon the NCAA hockey program will follow suit the way things are going. And I assume so will USHL. If that’s the case what players who’s rights are owned by WHL/CHL will want to come play north rather than sit out an entire year?

VladislavFirstov vs Yaroslav Busygin if both want to come north who would you want? Or better yet Anthony Kehrer?

Wheatkings sign Yaroslav

https://wheatkings.com/article/wheat...ayer-agreement

Glad that is out of the way

Looking at the team's roster it would seem highly unlikely that the team would keep 5 19 yr old defencemen next season. They have 2 17 yr olds that will need to be on the roster. The new import d-man is 17 and so is the defenceman who was the top d-man in the Sask AAA Midget league. Logan Hammett .Who goes off the roster then? Theissen for sure as he did not show much last year and likely one of Lambos or Salame. Thoughts?
    Last edited by booboo; 08-11-2020 at 08:09 PM.

I agree Thiessen will be the odd man out for sure. I am not sure why that transaction ever happened to begin with. Adding Busygin and Hammett while removing Thiessen there are 4 - LD and 3 - RD leaving us 4 - 19yr olds with Schneider a late BD so he would be considered an 18 yr old. So I'm happy with Thiessen being the only odd man out. Also this would sort of be a year to make a run so Lambos or Salame would help unless they bring in a OA LD.

I would think the OA would be between Reinhardt, McCallum, Burzan, Perpeluk, Pierce and Sekundiak with the first 3 winning out unless the team needs the sandpaper that Perpeluk brings in which case McCalkum goes unless Burzan is not back.Not urgent to get OA d-man unless Schneider does not return which is very unlikely.

I agree with the OA situation we currently have. This may all be a moot point with COVID but to remain positive the OA LD comment was more of covering all/most angles. Sitting back on the couch building a team may be a bit different philosophy as the front office. lol

None the less our current OA situation will be what we work with for now. We have young Mantei coming in next year as a 16 yr old i'm sure and will help transition our new bread of D men into our present core. Heck assuming the season goes forward and our team is doing extremely well they may very well bring a solid OA D man to solidify the defensive game. One never knows.

We have 3 1st round picks this coming draft and I hope we see some AAA hockey to allow us to make the best picks we can without wasting them all. That's a scary thought in itself