Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 2020 off season

My guess is that at this late date, Ritchie has McGuillvary and Derlago run the team until he can see what coaches are available. Not sure why WHL is bringing players back before the Xmas break? Would they not have to self isolate after coming back from the break?

I'm going to say there isn't a Christmas break. they will do team stuff to prepare for an apparent start date in January. They need to get some ice time in and team bonding. Yes I agree MacGillivary will probably be that guy for now. Tentative i'm sure. Not that he doesn't deserve a crack at it.

IF and i mean IF... we have a season I can see Ritchie having a good year. After that injury last year i think he's coming back with determination. It's his draft year, which he may not be looked at unless he puts up big numbers. Danielson, Zimmer, Hammett and Hyland I can see cracking the lineup. We will have to drop 2 of our OA guys and possibly Ginnell. Roersma if he does make the squad I can see him doing media seating a lot. Dube, now sure about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    IF and i mean IF... we have a season I can see Ritchie having a good year. After that injury last year i think he's coming back with determination. It's his draft year, which he may not be looked at unless he puts up big numbers. Danielson, Zimmer, Hammett and Hyland I can see cracking the lineup. We will have to drop 2 of our OA guys and possibly Ginnell. Roersma if he does make the squad I can see him doing media seating a lot. Dube, now sure about him.
    I'm with you about the season this year. Not sure why they don't start Feb1 and have a 45-50 game schedule. By then some fans may be able to go to the games. As far as OA situation,I would keep Reinhardt,Burzan (not sure he will be available), McCallum, and or Perpeluk. The guys you named will make the team along with 17 yr old Russian d-man Bysgin sp. The one problem I see is that we have 5 19 yr old defenceman. Too many. One needs to go for sure. McGuillvery does deserve a chance to see what he can do, as you will not find many unemployed top notch coaches around at this time of year. I wonder if they hire another asssistant coach? I truly believe we have a chance to really go somewhere this year and to top it all off have 3 first round bantam picks again this year. Go WheatKings!

Busygin is a lock on D for sure. I actually forgot to mention him but is on my list for sure. Schneider is 19 but if i'm not mistaken could return for 2 more years because of his BD.. right? None the less will he be headed to AHL after this year once he is signed? I think he goes to be honest. Kallionkieli i would be surprised if he returns for his OA year. I don't know how many times they can slide a ELC. Which we would have one OA forward in McCartney and 3-4 on Defence. Carrying two OA on Defence is ok but 3? That's a huge hole when they all leave.

I personally would go with Perepeluk. We will have two top lines of scoring. He could be your fourth line RW. There to protect Young Danielson (C) and Zimmer/Roersma until they get accustomed to the league and pace. Sekundiak will be traded for a pick i'm sure somebody will like his grit. Chiasson will need to make his game known. He didn't meet my expectations in his rookie season, albeit on the 3rd line.

On D i think Salame is the odd man out. It will depend on whether Ritchie thinks this is the year to make a run. Last year would have set the table as our play off run would have been deep. Having Lowry at the helm would have been that much better. However, he went onto greener pastures. Good for him. Lets see what MacGillivary has learned from Lowry. He'll be scrutinized i'm sure, however, last minute changes wouldn't make that fare.

I've edited this after reading the paper. Its good to see the similarities he had with Lowry and Ritchie as a GM. In how a team should be built. Looking forward to this year.... here is to the hockey gods
    Last edited by Molsonsman; 11-25-2020 at 09:17 AM.