Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 2020 off season

i tried to find the article but no luck. What caught my eye was the bantam draft delayed until next year? Like no draft until 2022?

Not sure where I found the article, but Gregg Drinnen mentions it in his blog as well. This year's draft will be early in 2022 followed a few months later by the actual 2022 draft. I am becoming more skeptical than ever now that the league even has a season. The WHL cannot put into effect the health protocols that the NHL can due to cost, so not sure if there is a season. Just heard Ontario is locked down for 28 days.

i agree this year is all but a bust. They just haven't come to terms with it yet. We will be lucky to see the NHL play which in my opinion is still up in he air for a Jan 13 start date. Too many restrictions in BC, QC and now Ont. I'm surprised MB is allowing the jets to practice. Anyway here is hoping

WK sign 16 yr old goalie Nick Jones today. Great signing as he has a lot of potential.

I liked him in the Prospect camp last year. I thought he was already closing in on Ungar and that was his first shot at it. That Capton might be a good one too. He is a big kid in net and if he can maintain his stats thus far should the season continue.

WK signed Owen Harris today. Hurray! A huge defenceman for a change. 6ft 3 and 210 lbs at 16 . Also is playing against older guys in the MJHL. Local kid from Wawenesa. 6 kids signed from the 2019 draft. Looks like a home run for the team.