Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    Seems like an obvious mistake not to go one way or the other here. If you’re not gonna sell greig then you could atleast try and improve the team by adding a defensemen at the very least. It’s hard to understand what gasper is thinking a lot of the time. Some strange decisions early on as a GM
    Yep! Seems to have drafted OK but not exactly ecstatic about the Thornton and Unger trades. Maybe he sees no sense is trying to keep up with the top dogs. The WK day will come.
    No moves today. Not really surprised but a bit disappointed that the team did not improve their defence. Might be tough sledding in the playoffs with so many young d-men.

Looks like Saskatoon,and Moose Jaw thought the same way as the WK. No sense wasting assets when Edmonton and Winnipeg get into a pi***** contest by making a couple more big trades.
    Last edited by booboo; 01-17-2022 at 05:36 PM.

Woulda still have been nice to see them making a move for a d-man. I think competing with Edmonton is almost out of the question now after today but with another top 4 d-man it woulda been interesting to see how they do. Not gonna knock Gasper for not doing anything but we do have a number of really expandable young dman we could have moved. Oh well maybe they think Elick can be their man heading into the playoffs.

Default What the fick!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninja View Post
    Woulda still have been nice to see them making a move for a d-man. I think competing with Edmonton is almost out of the question now after today but with another top 4 d-man it woulda been interesting to see how they do. Not gonna knock Gasper for not doing anything but we do have a number of really expandable young dman we could have moved. Oh well maybe they think Elick can be their man heading into the playoffs.

Well with the trades that the Oil Kings, Ice and Blazers all made we all know who will be the final 4 in the playoffs. Gasper really **** the bed this year and lets hope the Wheaties can pull off some unbelievable wins to become the "Davids" vs the Goliaths. Time will tell!

With a healthy lineup + chiasson I think they can give Winnipeg a run, but yeah Edmonton is the huge favourite to win the league after today. Their roster now has 5 players that played for team Canada in the WJC.

Cannot understand why we could not add an experienced defenceman without selling the farm. Hope this does not come back to haunt us. Where is Gasper and his explanations??

Finally Gasper talked to media but gave no concrete answers as to why the team never made any moves. Typical politician answer——circle the issue never answer it.
    Last edited by booboo; 01-17-2022 at 07:57 PM.

After Gasper’s explanation of why no move was made I can see his logic where the other teams were after the WK young players. Also going all in with the moves both Wpg and Edm made would be foolish. The future of the team looks very good.

Edmonton made a good move acquiring Sourdif. Expensive, but improves their offence.
    Winnipeg, in my opinion, overpaid for a very average defenceman in Brown--not sure he improves their team. Same with their prior acquisition of Newell--not sure he improves their blueline at all. I don't know why the Ice acquired Wheatcroft, their forward corps was fine the way it was.
    I like the moves that Kamloops made.
    I think some of Brandon's logic in standing pat was to ensure many of their younger players continue to get enough development time, after missing much of it last year (example - Hoffrogge, who hardly played last year in his 17-year old season. He has been coming along quite well this season, but still requires more ice time).
    Let's remember something, almost every good Wheat King team over the last number of years picked up their game after the trade deadline. With a healthy line-up, they may end up being just fine by season's end.
    Last edited by CrushKillDestroy; 01-18-2022 at 10:21 AM.

The price for D men was likely way too high. Not giving up quality for some 4/5/6 D man. I rather they stay put and go with the team they have and see what happens

Yeah once you seen Winnipeg pay a 1st rounder for that average 19 year old d-man you knew prices were just too high. The ice and especially the oil kings have completely emptied their cupboards for the foreseeable future. The oil kings have given up their 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2025 first round picks in the guhle/sourdif trades so anything short of a championship is a massive failure for them… the pressure is on. The ice could still have a good team next year considering they could return geekie and savoie and a small chance they get lambos back.

Brandon should have a good team next year. Hopefully Busygin reports.

Forwards:

Roersma Ritchie Danielson

Ginnell Polshakov Chiasson

Zimmer Hyland McQueen

Thornton Johnson Trembecky

Extras: Bennett, Hadland ect.

Defence:

Hammett Ward

Busygin? Mantei

Harris Elick

Extras: Turner, Hoffrogge

Goalies: