Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season Discussion

i'm not certain about Thornton being in the list at this point. His numbers last year were miniscule as were Roersma. Like mentioned above if Roersma continues he should make the mid term list. One shouldn't be on the list just due to age.

Roersma is doing well and i only expect him to continue this weekend being close to home with family and friends watching.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    Thornton and Roersma should have been on that list
    Totally agree compared to some of the names. SC with 4 guys on the list. Not sure about that. Shows what a crap shoot Central Scouting is. Is this list not based on potential??

I agree with Roersma - if he keeps playing like he has the last couple of weeks, he will be on this list the next time and hopefully he keeps improving and will shoot up the draft rankings throughout the year. He has been phenomenal of late. Danielson should be an A list at this time next year. Scott Wheeler of the Athletic believes he would be a first round draft pick this year if he wasn't a late birthday - potentially will be a high first rounder next year.

WHL cup starts today with Manitoba against BC. There will be a lot of very good players. I would hope the WK have most of their scouts there. This event coincides with the WK Alberta trip,so the team’s braintrust will all be in Red Deer. After all these are the 06 age group that will be drafted in December and the team has 3 first round picks.

I forgot about this event. I am curious if any of this well be streamed? Hope there will be some sort of coverage and updates in each game.

Having said that Polshakov arrives in Calgary tomorrow. I think Fridays game is out and probably Saturday as well. They should give him some time to adjust to the time zone. That's all we need is another injury due to fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Totally agree compared to some of the names. SC with 4 guys on the list. Not sure about that. Shows what a crap shoot Central Scouting is. Is this list not based on potential??
    I agree. I don't think anybody should have made the list just cause there old enough but come on there is a lot worse players on the list then those two.

Seven minutes into the game in Edmonton and the WK are asleep. Gave up a short-handed goal and a scramble goal where every player on the ice was standing around. Not a great start. Reminds me of the first game of the year where the team was totally outclassed by Winnipeg. Need to get their feet moving.Will update later
    Yowzer! 5-0 with 5 minutes left in the 1st period. 2 short handed goals—- no excuse for that. Coaches need to get the team ready to play obviously not tonight. We are getting taken to the woodshed by the Oil Kings. Sounds like a sh**kicking coming.
    Last edited by booboo; 10-22-2021 at 07:38 PM.

Yeah this team is embarrassing. I’ve never seen a hockey team consistently have 5-6 players out of the lineup, but you still gotta figure out a way to not embarrass yourselves out there. Not sure what is going on with kallionkieli but he’s out again and should be sent packing. Trade greig and iorio for some good 17/18 year old players and try again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    Yeah this team is embarrassing. I’ve never seen a hockey team consistently have 5-6 players out of the lineup, but you still gotta figure out a way to not embarrass yourselves out there. Not sure what is going on with kallionkieli but he’s out again and should be sent packing. Trade greig and iorio for some good 17/18 year old players and try again next year.
    It would not surprise me if those two players were dangled at the trade deadline if the team falters badly,
    . Got excited by the 3 wins in a row but this game brings things back to reality. Will see what the second and third period bring.

9-1 for Edmonton after two periods.A night to forget to be sure. Ugly game. Should put Jones in goal for the 3rd period. The team has had some chances but a combination of poor finish and Sebastian Cossa in goal means we got only one goal. Danielson got hurt—took a puck near his ear. Hope he is back in the lineup in the 3rd.
    Final score 9-2 for Edmonton. Overall very poor effort. Danielson did not come back in the third. Hope he is not hurt for any length of time. I have never seen as many injuries before at the start of the year. This does not excuse the poor effort tonight.
    Last edited by booboo; 10-22-2021 at 09:39 PM.