Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season Discussion

Watching the game in Saskatoon. Going into overtime but Blades scored with 48 seconds left to tie the game. We need Salame and Ward back in the lineup to shore up the defence which is our weak spot right now. Overall a much better effort than the last time we played the Blades. Yahoo! We score in overtime. Nychuck scores. Gutsy effort by the Boys. Roeresma had an excellent game.He and Zimmer are coming along nicely. Bjarnson looks like the real deal in goal. It did not hurt having Hyland back in the lineup either as he skated miles and was physical. Iorio logged big minutes and for the most part was very good. Hammett is coming along well also.

Yes Nychuck scored 2 goals but he missed his check in front of the net causing the tying goal. What you get from him is offence but questionable defence to be sure. If you’re happy with that OK but be prepared for some iffy defending.
    Last edited by booboo; 10-13-2021 at 09:44 PM.

I watched the game as well. Iorio was standing tall while three guys were behind him. No attempt to block the shot. It was a quick play so he may not have had the time to lessen the chances of the puck getting behind him. Nychuk does seem to lose himself in the D zone at times, but I think his offensive vs defensive game is 55/45. He gets back into the play when goes all offense. He has 4-1 (most goals on team) in points and is plus minus of 5 (4 games), Iorio is 0-6 in points with a plus minus of-7 (6 games, logs more ice time) and Salame 0 points plus minus -3 (3 games). I lean toward keeping Nychuk. I do see your point, however. Hammett is coming a long nicely. Mantei is 16 and gave up a 2 on 0 rush/goal. Hofrogge I have less confidence in. Turner gets more ice time but I liked Harris over him when he played.

Having said that we have the worst GA of 31 in the league and third in GF of 19.

Kallionkieli seems will never complete a full season uninjured. I think he is a signing the McCrimmon is regretting having signed before allowing him time in Junior hockey to develop.
    Last edited by Molsonsman; 10-14-2021 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    And who said we need to keep Salame?
    I wanted to keep selame but the points Nychuk has put up the last 2 games has sealed his fate. Still wish they didn't carry 20 year old goaltenders unless there lights out . Not sure Kruger is that guy. But that's just my opinion.

I think he solidified his staying with the WK's. Unless we get a better return for him on a trade. I can see a team dropping an OA for Nychuk's offense. Chances are slim but could be out there. Today is the deadline to get down to 3 OA.
    I think if we look ahead it's better we lose a D this year rather then next year. Iorio will not return next year and losing three D in a year hurts a lot. Two/yr seems to be the common number to OA and/or moving to pro. Mannix should be in the fold next year.

Nice win last night needed that one

The Blades seem like a one line team right now. Its a great line though

Nice to see Roesrma come on. That was a sick play on the Nychuk goal. The amount of time those 3 guys are getting early this year will pay dividends as the season goes along

Agree that having Hyland back makes a big difference to the lineup. Hopefully they can get the new euro in soon. Visa issues but I think from what I have heard a few euros are having that issue or have had that problem.

If we can stay at 500 or better record once we get some more guys back we should be ok

Bjarnson was really good again. Not sold on Mantei yet. The Blades really tried to match up that top line against him if he was out there. But its early yet

I am not convinced we keep Kallionkelli. We do not need a band-aid on the team. Also he has proven squat so far. Get rid of him and see if there are any extra imports in the league or go with only one. We desperately need a physical presence in the lineup. Not sure what there is out there but there must be someone who relishes this type of role. Sure would be nice to see what Ward could do on defence. Overall the team seems to be slowly coming along which is encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    I am not convinced we keep Kallionkelli. We do not need a band-aid on the team. Also he has proven squat so far. Get rid of him and see if there are any extra imports in the league or go with only one. We desperately need a physical presence in the lineup. Not sure what there is out there but there must be someone who relishes this type of role. Sure would be nice to see what Ward could do on defence. Overall the team seems to be slowly coming along which is encouraging.
    Grady Lane plays that kind of game and is a local kid.

Interesting trade isn't it. Leave questions on the board lol

Salame to Victoria and we pick up Pearce (OA) from Prince Albert.

By the sounds of it they could have kept Salame as the 4th OA player as Kallionlieli is listed as injured week to week. I assume once Kallionkieli is good to go Pearce will be released. His numbers are nothing to write home about but plays a good 200 foot game Gasper states. Which if they do drop Pearce i say good move as Salame is a bonus for any team which in this case is Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    Interesting trade isn't it.

Salame to Victoria and we pick up Pearce (OA) from Prince Albert.

By the sounds of it they could have kept Salame as the 4th OA player as Kallionlieli is listed as injured week to week. I assume once Kallionkieli is good to go Pearce will be released. His numbers are nothing to write home about but plays a good 200 foot game Gasper states. Which if they do drop Pearce i say good move as Salame is a bonus for any team which in this case is Victoria
    Very interesting and weird. Seems like a waste of an asset, even if only a 6th round pick, just to keep him for a couple weeks until Kallionkieli is healthy to then cut Pearce loose. I wonder if there is something else in the works already.

Does seem a bit odd to pick up a 20 yr old forward and them cut him in a week or two,although he was probably just going to get cut from PA anyways so getting him to see what he can do is not a bad move as they are short up front. Not much ventured could be much gained. Have to feel sorry for Salame but Nychuck’s offensive upside won the day. Still not totally sold on Kallionkelli so this is a bit of insurance picking up Pearce.