Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Does seem a bit odd to pick up a 20 yr old forward and them cut him in a week or two,although he was probably just going to get cut from PA anyways so getting him to see what he can do is not a bad move as they are short up front. Not much ventured could be much gained. Have to feel sorry for Salame but Nychuck’s offensive upside won the day. Still not totally sold on Kallionkelli so this is a bit of insurance picking up Pearce.
    Thats kind of what i'm thinking. Kallionkieli out week to week. We cannot afford to lose ground against Wpg. Maintain or move upward in the win column which means we need help now. At a low cost for sure. And if Kallionkieli requires surgery we have our guy for awhile.

Kallionkieli must be out for a couple of months if they brought in OA forward

The brain trust must feel the same way I do in that Kallionkelli for a 2 spotter has not shown anything. Is the team holding its breath hoping this guy pans out. I hope they are right!!! To me itís a BIG unnecessary gamble. Tell McCrimmon thanks but no thanks.

This management is so confusing. They say he is week to week then says its not a serious injury that he is really day to day but it needs time to heal . Which one is it.

Could it be a groin injury? Either way I look at him not being a part of this team. Based on his history of injuries. He may show up for 20 games and potentially screw up a cohesive group. At that time you trade him for a pick

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    Could it be a groin injury? Either way I look at him not being a part of this team. Based on his history of injuries. He may show up for 20 games and potentially screw up a cohesive group. At that time you trade him for a pick
    Totally agree

Well that was a rather poor start. SC put a lot of pressure on them early. Bjarnason kept them in the game for the most part. He is looking good for a 16 yr old. Impressive.

Roersma and Hammett had a great game. Pearce is a body. Not a major impact from what I saw.

Went to the game on Saturday. The team won but played poorly in stretches. Kudos to SC as they are a scrappy hard working team with very good goaltending. It’s easy to see the development of Roersma and Hammett in particular who have taken big steps so far this year. I thought the young d men were not too bad last night, Harris looks like a tough kid who along with Turner are getting quite a bit of ice time. Mantei is looking more comfortable every game which is natural for a 16 year old. I wish we could be more physical on defence—-Iorio for one could use his size more and be more physical. Harris plays physical and Hammett some but the others need to get in peoples way more like the SC defence did. The referees were lost through parts of this game. Consistency in calls needs to improve with the two last night. This,however is a continual issue with the league—-marginal officiating. Bjarnson might be the find of the year for the WK. The kid looks like a keeper.

Bantam draft is approaching in about 40 days or so. We draft 3,4 and 22nd.

Its like the draft will go Berkley Catton and Jordan Gavin should go 1 and 2. There is a bunch of good D at the top end. Some local guys like Caswell, Mackenzie and Woo but I am not sure those guys are top 5 guys.

Tyson Buchcowski a defenceman from Saskatchewan a son of a former WHLer and Cayden Lindstrom from BC or Garland or McQueen would be great. The others may be available at #22. Should set the team up for quite awhile if we get commitments from the drafted players.