Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: 2021 Season Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Yea! Instead of being down by a few after one period we are up 1-0 with a goal by Grieg with 3 seconds left in the period.a much more spirited effort today so far. We have had way more scoring chances than Calgary. Our new import is in the lineup (looks ok for 1st game)and Danielson is out( not sure how serious his injury is). Also playing without Nychuck who will likely get a 3 or 4 game suspension as a repeat offender. Will update after 2 periods.
    Damn! We have control of the game giving the Hitmen nothing and Iorio pulls a huge gaff and Calgary ties the game. Man, you canít have your vets making stupid plays like that. Terrible give away. Just gives Calgary some momentum.
    Another defensive gaff by Turner and itís 2-1 Calgary. Defensive zone coverage needs MAJOR cleaning up.PP needs work also.
    This looks like the same conversation we have every game. How many more games will it take . Something needs to change . all 3 phases have issues . Goaltending is just not good enough . They look lost in there own end and now they can't score .

Lose 3-2 better effort same result. A disastrous road trip. At least the new import looked very good scoring a short handed goal. Looking at this game overall it was certainly winable but 1.Cannot score 2. Very poor defensive zone coverage 3. Very poor special teams. The team needs a lot of work but until their lineup is full( look at the number of guys hurt) there is no need to make many changes. Not much info from Derlago post game interview. Waste of airtime.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Lose 3-2 better effort same result. A disastrous road trip. At least the new import looked very good scoring a short handed goal. Looking at this game overall it was certainly winable but 1.Cannot score 2. Very poor defensive zone coverage 3. Very poor special teams. The team needs a lot of work but until their lineup is full( look at the number of guys hurt) there is no need to make many changes. Not much info from Derlago post game interview. Waste of airtime.
    Well Crowe just asks meatball questions . Ok so is Kreuger and Kalinkeli going to fix what ails this team ? Cause don't count on Chaison for a long time . Don't think its a talent issue . They don't seem to play within a system . Now I hope it's just the fact they are young and they are just needing to figure it out. I will keep cheering for the kids just don't have any faith in the coaching staff . See what happens next weekend .

It was shocking how bad defensively Brandon was in red deer but in particular Iorio. He was the worst WK defencemen by far. I’m not sure you can blame injuries/lack of talent at this point either. The team can’t even complete a pass without fumbling it and when they do they have no idea where to go next. No balls either. Players constantly getting laid out and pushed around. Pretty underwhelming team from top to bottom. I can’t see kallionkieli coming in and making a difference either.

I didn't have a chance to watch any games but was watching the scores on my cell. Wow not a good weekend at all. I would assume we will keep our third first round pick this year rather then trade for a divisional win. lol. Unless we trade up

I will admit to having some worries so far this season...who wouldn't with the team's performance and record so far?

But, I will wait to pass judgment until they have the majority of the following players back into their line-up:

Kallionkieli
    Ginnell
    Danielson
    Chiasson
    Nychuk
    Kruger

That is simply too many veterans out of the line-up at once, including all three of their projected 20-year olds.

Add to that they have just one game played so far out of their two Import players.

With all of these players out, they are dressing a pretty young line-up, as well as a short-staffed one.

Quote Originally Posted by CrushKillDestroy View Post
    I will admit to having some worries so far this season...who wouldn't with the team's performance and record so far?

But, I will wait to pass judgment until they have the majority of the following players back into their line-up:

Kallionkieli
    Ginnell
    Danielson
    Chiasson
    Nychuk
    Kruger

That is simply too many veterans out of the line-up at once, including all three of their projected 20-year olds.

Add to that they have just one game played so far out of their two Import players.

With all of these players out, they are dressing a pretty young line-up, as well as a short-staffed one.
    Very good assessment of the team’s situation. A bit of patience may be required.