Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season Discussion

What’s going on with the wheatkings? What happened to ward? What happened to kallionkieli? Where’s polshakov? Why aren’t they telling us anything? What a weird organization.

Does not sound like a great effort tonight. Looks like this team needs some nuts. Could see it being a tough game tomorrow afternoon with the bizarre scheduling in the WHL. 3 games in less than 3 days. This early in the year. Yikes! Injuries are an issue but so is effort in some of the games. Kruger injured. Now we have a 16 yr old as the starting goalie. The season is sure not starting the way I thought it would. I really thought this team would challenge for the East Division and I know it’s early but the outlook does not look great. Could be interesting if we start really slow.
    Last edited by booboo; 10-09-2021 at 08:54 PM.

It was a rather disappointing game I must say. These one pass break out attempts are made 1 out of 4 attempts. The passing lanes are taken away rather easily so why make the attempt? Hofrogge hurt his lip and all of a sudden stopped moving. Better off leaving the ice. I saw lack of heart with that as the apparent injury was far from his legs. The two OA D men looked like 2nd year players. Wow. You think they would be fighting to stay.

I’m guessing that depending on the extent of Kruger’s injury the team could get an extension on their decision on the OA situation. To be brutally honest other than Kruger I don’t care for any of the OA players we have. One is a band-aid forward while the other two d-men are average at best. We could do better you would think. It is a long season but we need to see some steady improvement in the team. They have really been blown out in 3 games and beat a team that is at the same level as they are. I know I am probably too critical of the team given it’s injuries and hence young lineup but at present I do not see a very good team.

Great effort in Regina today winning 4-2 with a depleted lineup and 3 games in 3 nights. I’m glad this team is trying to prove me wrong in that they do have some nuts. Should help the young guys spirit.
    Last edited by booboo; 10-10-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Bjarnson looks like the real deal

I will with hold judgement on this team till we get a few more guys back but some of the younger guys are looking better already

Well said Joe. My sentiments exactly. Cannot judge the team until we get a full lineup and after the OA situation is settled.

Any word on the injury to Kruger. Rumour I heard was broken leg. Maybe just a rumour.
    Last edited by booboo; 10-11-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Any word on which way the tea goes on the OA situation. The deadline is Thursday so something needs to happen soon. I wonder if a trade of one of the OA dmen plus another asset might net us a Perpeluk kind of player. He played a huge role on last year’s team.

The paper has Kruger as day to day. So it isn't a break. I do agree, however, they need toughness. It happened twice and absolutely nothing was done. Not too many Perpeluk's out there as the league/hockey is going away from fighting or any sort of aggression. which allows for this type of stuff to occur and players get injured.

See ya Salame

And who said we need to keep Salame?