Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 496

Thread: 2021 Season Discussion

  1. #231

    Default

    I am not sure Gavin will go in the 2 spot. He's dropped to 4 according to draftgeek. Catton is playing in Shattuck St Mary's. I'd be worried he would play north of the border. If he drops to 3/4 do we take a chance? I assume they will have done their do diligence in talking tot he kids/parents. If Gavin drops to to then take him. Otherwise they should take 1F and 1D with their first two picks. As for our third pick, since we don't have a second round pick at the moment and this pick is last in the first round take what is available. While filling potential holes. (Hardnose gritty type if possible?)

  2. #232

    Default

    Methinks Buczkowski or McInnes at 3 or 4. Gavin or Caswell at the other spot. One d man and one forward.(assuming we get a commitment from those players). At 22 best player available unless the team is thinking of filling a specific need—-tougher player, goalie etc. Still somewhat miffed at the lack of traffic about the draft.

  3. #233

    Default

    For me you take Gavin at 3 and Busckowski at 4. Caswell is a toss up for me though. Hometown kid and he looks great at the AAA midget level. Gavin just looks like such a stud though.

  4. #234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHallenback View Post
    For me you take Gavin at 3 and Busckowski at 4. Caswell is a toss up for me though. Hometown kid and he looks great at the AAA midget level. Gavin just looks like such a stud though.
    Gavin likely gone by pick 3. Catton number one Gavin number two. Celebrini not eligible for the draft. Long story short—-Buczkowski or McInnes( not sure who the better one is—likely flip a coin) and Caswell at 3 and 4. That is assuming Gavin is gone before we pick at 3. I wonder if we could move up to number 2 by offering pick 22 and a top pick next year or a prospect to TC?

  5. #235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Gavin likely gone by pick 3. Catton number one Gavin number two. Celebrini not eligible for the draft. Long story short—-Buczkowski or McInnes( not sure who the better one is—likely flip a coin) and Caswell at 3 and 4. That is assuming Gavin is gone before we pick at 3. I wonder if we could move up to number 2 by offering pick 22 and a top pick next year or a prospect to TC?
    I could see McInnes or Buczkowski could actually go at 2. If Gavin is gone then you take one of the D men and draft one of the Forwards you like the most. We also have a shot at getting a guy like McQueen with our last pick as he has fallen

  6. #236

    Default

    Joe.. any word on what the wheaties might do at the deadline this year? Buyers/sellers or maybe standing pat?

  7. #237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    Joe.. any word on what the wheaties might do at the deadline this year? Buyers/sellers or maybe standing pat?
    I think they wait as long as possible. You have to remember that playoff revenue is important life blood for teams like Brandon even if it is just 2 games.

  8. #238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeHallenback View Post
    I think they wait as long as possible. You have to remember that playoff revenue is important life blood for teams like Brandon even if it is just 2 games.
    The east teams other than WPG are quite even, so making the playoffs is certainly possible. I’m with Joe if they make any moves it will be as late as possible. Grieg could be gone for a month at the world Jrs so his absence will hurt. His absence could determine in what direction the team goes.

  9. #239

    Default

    i'm not sure about anybody else but the team is surely playing the way we hoped they would as a full healthy unit. Unfortunate we will not see Chiasson until March... maybe.
    None the less. Ward is starting to play better. I wasn't sure about him initially. Mantei as well. He is getting more comfortable with the speed of the game is looking more of a first round pick at 16. Good to see.

  10. #240

    Default

    Can’t see how the WK can pass on drafting Clarke Caswell the local kid who is tearing up the AAA U 18 league in Manitoba. The kid is now 5ft 10 and wants to play in the WHL. If Gavin is available at no.3 surely take and take Caswell as well. Two fantastic prospects. If Gavin is gone then pick the best d-man at that spot and Caswell. No matter which combo you take you can’t lose.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •