Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    I agree that we will not go far this year in the playoffs,so management should seriously look at offers for Greig and Iorio. Whether anything is done is debatable, but a long term plan should be being looked at as we have 3 first rounders this year plus what assets could be acquired if trading both players. This should set us up for the future. What needs to be done the rest of the year is an evaluation of the present roster going forward and deciding who we keep and who we let go.( not totally convinced about some of our young guys hate using names but e.g. Zimmer, Johnson,Bennett)

Not sure why Reese Belton would be on our radar as he is 19 now?
    My bad I thought he was 18

You guys really think team Canada is gonna want greig on their team? He’s the most undisciplined player in the WHL who gets suspended every 2nd game for checking from behind. They tend to steer clear from players like that. I’d bet money on him getting cut.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    You guys really think team Canada is gonna want greig on their team? He’s the most undisciplined player in the WHL who gets suspended every 2nd game for checking from behind. They tend to steer clear from players like that. I’d bet money on him getting cut.
    Huge talent needs to be told—no lose canon play. One questionable check etc.staples him to the end of the bench. Team is allowed to carry extra players this year.

Quote Originally Posted by denim_dan View Post
    I do. Give him a role and expect nothing else.

Tonight’s game in Lethbridge is 1-1 with a minute left in 1st period after a lengthy delay for the teddy bear toss. Once play resumed at the 11:30 mark the ice is tilted as Leth has really taken over the game. The WK may have been in the Leth zone maybe 5 times and out immediately. Losing puck battles all over. Best thing that happened was the end of the period and possibly we can regroup. Outshot 15-4. Not sure why this team does not come out ready to play!
    Big win tonight in Leth. Danielson scored a short handed goal with 4 minutes left on a crappy call on Roberts so their is some justice in the world. Reffing ugly again.
    Last edited by booboo; 12-03-2021 at 11:01 PM.

Another good game tonight in MH. 4-1 for the WK.Played very well limiting MH chances although MH does not have a very good team this year. Have won two in a row on the road. Not sure about Hoffroge and Mantei on defence. Both quite small and are pushed around too easily.

Winnipeg Ice acquire Jack Finley from Spokane for 2 roster players and a 2nd round draft pick. Quite a price for a guy who is good but not elite. Makes you wonder what Greig would bring in a trade? The top teams are starting to make moves already. Let the bullets fly. Really surprised at the lack of traffic on here about the prospects draft which is this Thursday. No word from the team about who they may pick. Very quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Winnipeg Ice acquire Jack Finley from Spokane for 2 roster players and a 2nd round draft pick. Quite a price for a guy who is good but not elite. Makes you wonder what Greig would bring in a trade? The top teams are starting to make moves already. Let the bullets fly. Really surprised at the lack of traffic on here about the prospects draft which is this Thursday. No word from the team about who they may pick. Very quiet.
    Yea im surprised by the lack of coverage of the draft . Not 1 mock draft or lists of any types .

Tomorrows US Prospect draft might throw a kink in the draft on Thursday. This Macklin Celebrini apparently can be drafted in US prospect draft. Both Draftgeek and Dubnet have him at # 2. Obviously if he goes tomorrow he is no longer on the list for Thursday. Which bumps Jordan GAVIN or Gavin GARLAND up.

I don't know how recent the draftgeek/dubnet(DN) rankings are. They are similar but a couple of differeneces for sure. CASWELL is at 6 on DN Scout. McInnis dropped to 10 while Tansem has catapulted into 4th (DN Scout). Doyle also up there in points this year. So i personally cant rely on either and I don't watch AAA hockey. So i will trust the gods to be. lol

But i do feel we need to take one forward and a Defence. The third 1st round pick, if we don't trade away, should also be D. We do not have a 2nd round pick this years

I am thinking the WK will take Buczkowski or McInnes as their d man and Casewell as their forward unless Catton or Gavin are available. As for pick #22. No idea—-maybe Jonas Woo d-man from WPG. But I agree another d-man is probably the best choice at 22.