Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season Discussion

Wonder who the team will pick in tomorrow’s import draft? Biggest need is a goal scorer as defence looks solid with the addition of Busygin who is quite highly rated and is big. Need to have some big d-men as Montreal proved this year. We will have some size this year with Iorio,Ward,Busygin and Harris if he makes the team. One or two of our OA defence could be traded preferably for a toughie.

That's assuming Busygin comes over. I guess tomorrow will tell if they pick twice or once. Mind you that doesn't say Busygin isn't coming over it may very well say they are not sure.

Busygin is a signed player who would have been here last year had it not been for the pandemic and is draft eligible, so it would probably be in his best interest to play in the WHL since he would virtually be guaranteed a roster spot as an 18 yr old. But, yes we will probably know for certain after the import draft if the WK only pick one player.

WK picked a forward from Belarus with their import pick. They therefore must think that Busygin is coming over to play in the WHL this season. The forward turns 18 in September. Not sure what type of player he is. Bit of a crap shoot——the import draft.
    Last edited by booboo; 06-30-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Center was captain of Belarus u18 team got covid before the u18s. 2 way player likely comes in and centers 3rd line is my guess

WK hire Chris Moulton former Spokane chief scout as director Of player personnel. Great hire as this guy has a ton of experience in the WHL. I like the management team that Jacobsen has assembled. Now he needs to leave them alone to do their job. With 3 first round picks in the draft the team really needs to do their homework and ensure a bright future for the franchise. Hiring a guy with Moulton’s experience should really help the process.

Anyone wanna take a shot at predicting our forward lines for next season?

Will take a stab. Greig—-Chiasson——Hyland. Ritchie—Danielson—-import. Thorpe—Ginnell—Zimmer. Roersma—-Dube—-Bennett. Trembecky—Johnson —camp invite/trade. Trades early could change this lineup. Overage decisions could alter this as well. Could trade one or two OA dmen for a scoring forward or tough guy. Goaltending likely set with Kruger and Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Will take a stab. Greig—-Chiasson——Hyland. Ritchie—Danielson—-import. Thorpe—Ginnell—Zimmer. Roersma—-Dube—-Bennett. Trembecky—Johnson —camp invite/trade. Trades early could change this lineup. Overage decisions could alter this as well. Could trade one or two OA dmen for a scoring forward or tough guy. Goaltending likely set with Kruger and Jones.
    Not bad. I think we’re still one scoring forward away from being a top tier team. Gonna be hard to compete with Winnipeg this year with them having savioe, geekie, McClennon, pederson, lambos , ect.

I'm going with:

Forwards: 1st - Greig - Ritchie - Chiasson, 2nd - Thorpe - Polshakov - Danielson, 3rd - Thorpe - Zimmer - Dube, 4th - Ginnell - Roersma - Zimmer

Defence: 1st - Nychuk - Iorio, 2nd - Busygin - Ward, 3rd - Hammett - Lambos with Mantei and Hoffrogge mixing it up.

Now that's barring a trade for a forward. I think Salame will be the odd OA out as he's return is better than Lambos and we are good on LD

You have Zimmer down twice so a traded player goes here or someone else moves down if the traded player is a higher impact player. Not sure why the team only plays 3 exhibition games as these really help with personnel decisions but the lack of games may be COVID related. I guess it’s still too early to speculate who the team may draft in December. Anyone hear any rumours?