Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season Discussion

Kruger's weak but our defense is weaker. Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by derek911 View Post
    Kruger's weak but our defense is weaker. Wow...
    Yes you are bang on. Not looking good moving forward into the playoffs.

When Lowry Gets fired the end of the season he can come back and teach this team how to play hard and defend. Brandon will never be mistaken for a D factory or Goaltending Factory. I think its time to put the kid in net and let him run with it . See what they have in him . Kreuger has been poor for the last month in my opinion .

This team has zero secondary scoring. Hyland tries hard but does not have a real offensive touch. Ginnell , Roberts, and Polshakov are the same—-marginal offensive ability. Other than Greig, Danielson, and Ritchie the team has no offence other than Nychuck from the backend—great offence poor defence. I hope for the sake of the team that the 17’s—-Bennett,Roeresma, Zimmer, and Thornton improve over the summer along with Johnson or it could be a long season next year. Kallionkelli is a band-aid and certainly not worth the two spots he occupies.MJ made the WK look like a AAA U 18:team tonight. The last 2 games against both WPG and MJ showed our weaknesses in all 3 areas—goaltending,defence(very poor) and scoring depth. We lost our scorers from last season and our young guys have not been able to take up the slack. Sure hope we can turn this around.
    Last edited by booboo; 03-15-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    This team has zero secondary scoring. Hyland tries hard but does not have a real offensive touch. Ginnell , Roberts, and Polshakov are the same—-marginal offensive ability. Other than Greig, Danielson, and Ritchie the team has no offence other than Nychuck from the backend—great offence poor defence. I hope for the sake of the team that the 17’s—-Bennett,Roeresma, Zimmer, and Thornton improve over the summer along with Johnson or it could be a long season next year. Kallionkelli is a band-aid and certainly not worth the two spots he occupies.MJ made the WK look like a AAA U 18:team tonight. The last 2 games against both WPG and MJ showed our weaknesses in all 3 areas—goaltending,defence(very poor) and scoring depth. We lost our scorers from last season and our young guys have not been able to take up the slack. Sure hope we can turn this around.
    I put the secondary scoring on the coaching staff . They have not developed the young guys at all . I see very little improvement in them through out the year .

Watching the first period of tonight’s game against Calgary and another disappointing effort so far. This is not the same team that I watched about 10 days ago. Very disorganized and disjointed. 1 shot on 3 PP’s—-terrible is one word that comes to mind. Poor passing and poor puck management. The guys seem to fumble the puck a lot and are not nearly hard enough on the pucks. Missing Greig and Danielson really hurts the PP. Our defence is not nearly physical enough and as a result are giving the puck up far too often. Cannot handle any kind of forecheck. Really beginning to wonder about our last two prospects draft not counting the very latest draft this December. Danielson is very good. Not sure about any of the others including Mantei and Johnson. Those players have not shown much this year. Add to that is the uncertainty of Kruger in goal. These players may yet come through but at present I don’t see it. I hate being this negative but their play lately has me concerned.
    Last edited by booboo; 03-16-2022 at 06:54 PM.

Yikes… this team has fallen off. Gonna be an early playoff exit this season. Disappointing.

I’m not sure the way there playing they will make the playoffs . I don’t care what anybody says at this point of the season this is a coaching problem . They have had about 5 good starts this year . This team is never ready to play and is very fragile mentally. If they get blown out on home ice against MJ and lose to Calgary Winnipeg is going to embarrass them again this weekend . Sorry to be negative but if not for Danielson and Greig this team would be out of a playoff spot now . Feels like Anning all over again all the other teams are getting better by the end of the year and this team goes backwards .

4 straight loses and 3 of them were blowouts. We now play WPG back to back. Who do put in net? Who is going to score? Looks like 6 straight loses and maybe missing the playoffs. What has gone wrong? Underachieving— over evaluation of players? Lack of coaching? Wow! A fall from grace to be sure. Injuries to the drivers of the team’s offence contributes to the slump for sure. This really shows the lack of secondary scoring on the team because the group of 17 year olds have not contributed and Kallionkelli is another story a horror story.
    Last edited by booboo; 03-17-2022 at 09:19 AM.

We’d have to lose most of the remaining games to miss playoffs. Anyone know what’s up with greig? The wheaties just aren’t a very good team without him and danielson in the lineup. I haven’t watched lately but how’s chiasson been?