Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season Discussion

Where is the list of players attending training camp? Is this a state secret? Come on guys. Keep us informed if you expect us to show interest in the team??

Kallionkieli coming back is huge for the offence. Our top 6 now looks pretty complete. Hopefully he has a big year. The only hole I see now is on defence if we are trading selame. You have to assume gasper is looking into using one of those first round picks to acquire a good defencemen sometime later in the year. I’d love to see hunt in a wheaties uniform.

With the draft in December it gives the team some time to see what holes in the lineup need to be filled and use their assets to fill the need. Really too bad about Salame as he figures to be the odd man out in the OA scenario. Solid d man but the team will need Nychuck ‘s offence.

It would be nice if the team could find Reid Perpeluk type of player for this year’s team.
    Last edited by booboo; 09-09-2021 at 06:10 PM.

Anyone at the black vs white game?

Sure seems to be very little info about the team this year. Wish Crowe would keep his blog up to date and keep the fans you want to attend the games more informed. Is the import forward here? Who knows? Very disappointed by the lack of info this year so far. No updates on the black and white game?? You would think the team would want to connect more with the fans especially if they want them back after a long drought. Also not much action on this site so far.
    Last edited by booboo; 09-12-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Well. Crowe and bergsen have been doing their usual video updates on social media. The import is apparently coming he’s just in the middle of getting visa.

The WK website has highlights of the game and an article on the game. Good work someone. Would like someone who was at the game to give us a report on which rookies looked good. Some cuts coming tonight likely. Would like to see the team sign both Capton and Bjarnson as one will be here next year for sure. Never have too many goalies. The team’s depth at the goaltending position seems like the best it’s been for years.

Wasn't there but I know some people that were and here are some of their thoughts

Goalies

Jones - Should be the backup. Technically sound and looked very good all week
    Bjarnson - Suprising. Big and athletic. A real good find
    Capton - Huge and raw. The kind of goalie the NHL is looking for.

The way the Wheatkings do things I wouldn't be shocked to see them send down the 16 year olds so they can play. I think Bjarnson is playing locally so it makes sense he is the "3rd" goalie but I guess the preseason will work that out. Very well stocked in Net that is for sure

Defense

Mantei - Just a smooth skating offensive presence. He will stick around and get in the lineup here and there. He will be a very good WHLer
    Turner - Very good camp looked poised and ready. Good size
    Harris - A man amongst boys. Was physical and looked ready.
    Mannix - Came om as the week went. Another big body that moves well.

Forwards

Johnson - A buzzsaw workhorse. Guy loves to mix it up. should fit in well with all the skill forwards we have
    Trembecky - Good skill and solid skater. Likely needs a year to bulk up
    Chaloner - Little guy with a ton of skill. A listed player who was surprising
    Groening - Another glue guy who works his butt off. You can tell they liked him out there

The returnees

Danielson - He could explode this year. He was so good and had so much confidence. 1st round NHL talent
    Zimmer - Slow week and then came on. Was real good in the final game. Built like a tank
    Roersma - Needs to show more. Has speed but wasn't going full gear

How good we are will likely be on how good those 3 can be. We have some real good forwards coming back. A solid backend to build with and great goaltending.

Very interesting take and read. Thanks Joe

Yeah from what I've seen on Capton i'm not surprised by your assessment on him.

They will have a couple of signings in the next little while with the pre-season list they put out this morning. Need to sign before they play preseason games correct?

i'll be at the game on the 23rd so will get a good visual for sure then.

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    Very interesting take and read. Thanks Joe

Yeah from what I've seen on Capton i'm not surprised by your assessment on him.

They will have a couple of signings in the next little while with the pre-season list they put out this morning. Need to sign before they play preseason games correct?

i'll be at the game on the 23rd so will get a good visual for sure then.

Yes if they haven't signed they won't be playing

Forgot about Bennett. He was really solid as well and may have a shot at sticking