Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Season Discussion

Solid pickup. Fits in with the age group and we could give up that 2nd with 3 1sts.

Just heard that he isn't happy there maybe they have a younger team this year

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHallenback View Post
    Solid pickup. Fits in with the age group and we could give up that 2nd with 3 1sts.

Just heard that he isn't happy there maybe they have a younger team this year
    Interesting. no doubt.

What about Dach. What’ s the scoop there? Would he be worth a first round pick?

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    What about Dach. What’ s the scoop there? Would he be worth a first round pick?
    Easily

Should be a top line winger with the right center

Wonder why he is even possibly available.Let’s give them pick #22 and maybe a prospect for Dach. Would fit good with Grieg and Chaisson.

3 exhibition games so far and we are getting outplayed badly in each game. Goaltending has been holding us in theses games.I am guessing that our lineup is too inexperienced as they are having trouble keeping up to the pace of play. Kind of difficult to know exactly what your team is like when you are missing 7 or 8 players who are at pro camps. Looks like Bjarnson is a real keeper as a goalie. Might be a tough decision between him and Jones for the backup role this year although Bjarnson is only 16 and might be better served playing AAA. Geekie is a real force for the Ice. Not impressed by our 2 OA defencemen so far. Not impactful enough as OA players. It looks like defence is a weakness at this point. Turner and Mantei need to be reassigned to AAA once Iorio and Ward are back from pro camp. I would like to see Harris in the lineup. Anyone know how serious his injury is.

Kruger sent back to WK today and Jones assigned to AAA u18 in Calgary. Going with 16 yr old Bjarnson as the backup goalie this year. He outplayed Jones in the pre-season so deserves the backup role. An injury and Jones is back in Brandon.
    Hyland has been reassigned to WK from LA Trembecky assigned to AAA in Alberta. He will be back for sure at some point.
    Last edited by booboo; 09-26-2021 at 04:25 PM.

I don’t worry about preseason games. Those games don’t dictate a teams play. We have more players in nhl camps than the norm

Quote Originally Posted by Molsonsman View Post
    I don’t worry about preseason games. Those games don’t dictate a teams play. We have more players in nhl camps than the norm
    Yes but the preseason games give the young guys some valuable playing time. However to your point the results do not matter and especially this year when we had all those players away not giving the the team a realistic look. Explains why we were outplayed quite badly in the 3 games we did play.
    Grieg had a beautiful goal tonight for Ottawa against the Jets but then high sticked Dubois and got a game misconduct. Chaisson got sent back to Brandon but is injured. Shoulder injury I believe. Hope he is not out for long.

Quote Originally Posted by booboo View Post
    Yes but the preseason games give the young guys some valuable playing time. However to your point the results do not matter and especially this year when we had all those players away not giving the the team a realistic look. Explains why we were outplayed quite badly in the 3 games we did play.
    Grieg had a beautiful goal tonight for Ottawa against the Jets but then high sticked Dubois and got a game misconduct. Chaisson got sent back to Brandon but is injured. Shoulder injury I believe. Hope he is not out for long.
    Yes that was a sweet goal for sure. This will be his last year in Brandon. Hope we make the best of it. I see Thornton got a goal. I wonder how his play is. Iím still confused as to why this trade occurred. Itís like giving up Roersma for a second only. Not even another player.

Maybe less interest league wide or the kid only had a couple of places he wanted to go. A 2nd round pick is a fairly high price but Thornton is only 17 so is a 3 year player for sure. Given that the team has 3 1st round picks the price for Thornton was not too steep. May have been too steep for other teams. The guy was a first round pick so should have a big upside you would think.