Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: 2021 Regular Season

There is always going to be an argument about who makes or doesn't make the playoffs in any given year. For example in 2017-18 Both Lethbridge and Red Deer made the playoffs with inferior records to Saskatoon. Lethbridge was at .500 even and Red Deer was below .500 at .465, while Saskatoon was .515. It was just how the WHL did playoffs that year.

I have extensively checked the Eastern and Western Conference's and for the most part they are very similar. A team who gets into the playoffs in the West almost always would qualify for playoffs in the East, and visa versa! Some years Eastern teams make it with poorer records than some Western teams. Some years it's the other way around! Four teams don't make it in the East and two don't make it in the West. The poorer teams in either conference rarely do much.

Im just saying the Silvertips have a .613 average winning percentage since coming into the WHL 19 years ago. In the last "ten" years they have a .668 winning %. They have finished 1st in their division 9 times in 19 years. 2nd place 3 times and 3rd place 2 times. !5 season in 19 where they have finished either 1, 2, or 3 in their division. I think I counted only twice where they were the last team in their conference to get into the playoffs and that was earlier in their existence.

I would personally have a hard time trying to downplay the deserved acknowledgment of being an impressive franchise, that has displayed excellence and consistency during their relatively short time in the WHL.

I know most WHL would love to boast those numbers. If Regina had been putting up those numbers in here over the last 19 years, the local spin doctors would be bouncing off the walls with glee.

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Then it seems strange they were calling for more out of their GM, and he has now resigned..

Still waiting for you to explain where you pulled this nugget from.......

Quote Originally Posted by dsquared View Post
    https://wheatkings.com/article/wheat...ch-for-next-gm

I realize that some things can be somewhat difficult understand at times. However if read in its entirety it's obvious the referenced article was about the Brandon Wheat Kings GM resigning. Also if one is to read the WK forum on WHLFans it's plain to see they want change and are welcoming changes in GM, coaches etc.

I am sorry chopper, I misread your post. I read it as JP had resigned. Alas that was wishful thinking on my part..............

I am sorry chopper, I misread your post. I read it as JP had resigned. Alas that was wishful thinking on my part..............
    You and me both brother!!