Thread: Rebels Ship Zetariuk to MJ

Hybrid View

Default Rebels Ship Zetariuk to MJ

The Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club announced today that they have acquired 17-year old forward Garrett Klotz, and a 5th round draft pick in the 2006 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft, from the Moose Jaw Warriors in exchange for 19-year old defenceman Jesse Zetariuk.
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

Default Moose Jaw/ Red Deer make another trade

Red Deer Rebels Acquire Forward From Moose Jaw
    Created: Aug 19, 2005

RED DEER, AB – The Red Deer Rebels Hockey Club announced today that they have acquired 17-year old forward Garrett Klotz, and a 5th round draft pick in the 2006 Western Hockey League Bantam Draft, from the Moose Jaw Warriors in exchange for 19-year old defenceman Jesse Zetariuk.

Scout

Question

What do you all think about this trade.

I would like to see some stst on this kid,so if anyone has any please post :skeptical
    KEEPING THE FAITH
    clrkth drop the puck clrkth

havent found many stats on him but someone has to have them.From what i've heard is that he is a big strong tough kid that can handle himself which makes zed expendable. Plus Sutter always seems to be getting after zed for dumb thing and also opens a spot for a younger kid to step into the mix.Also never under estimate sutter seems to do well in most trades that he makes. Boy sure have noticed one thing though is that red deer is getting alot bigger and will be tough to play against.

Default my take

I always thought 2 things about Zet. One, that he would be a steady d-man and two, provide some heavy weight toughness as he got older.

To that end, he had no puck carring skills and as of last year, the only thing he seemed to be able to do consistantly was fire the puck off the glass, normally for a dumb icing call. Secondly, he didn't fit the heavy weight bill either by choice or statue.

Hopefully he can provide leadership and improve his skill level under a different set of circumsances, that is a new team and new coach.
    Drop the Puck

Rebels Rock Guest

well i really didnt like zetariuk...i think one of the main reasons he got noticed was that he played with dion..but thats just my opinion lol

playa Guest

Default Decent trade

I agree that Zets didn't do a whole lot to make magic happen. With this year forecasting a lot of building for the Rebs, hopefully young Klotz can fit in well. I think this trade could work out well for us.