Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rebels Ship Zetariuk to MJ

i do agree with you on the whole Flatters thing
    but pierre.. i think has NO skill what so ever.. he has size yes he is a monster..but fights like a fricken girl.. and cant skate backwards if his life depeneded on it and his puck handleing skills are terrible.. I think he does absolutly nothing for the team.. but take up space.. I am sorry if anyone here has a liking to pierre.. but my personal opinion..
    but i do respect yours totally

D.A. Guest

I had high hopes for Zetariuk. Every once in a while he would show flashes of brilliance that made me think he was going to break out and be something special. But time was against him and with the team that we're developing right now, it only made sense to move him for someone younger.

As for Lamoureux, I have to totally disagree with Courtney. He's not flashy, but he gets the job done and then some. With Phaneuf gone, look for him to play a bigger role and become a fan favourite.

let's add to the fact the last was P.P's first year as well..not many people gain a wide eye in their first year.
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

Rebel66 Guest

First post in a long time.

Not surprised whatsoever that Zetariuk was shipped out. Even less surprised that his destination is Moose Jaw. Do we trade with anyone else?
    He became entirely expendable given the rise of Flatters and Lamoureux.

Have to say that I totally disagree with Courtney's assessment of Lamoureux too. He was very good in his first year as a Rebel, was steady and dependable. Look for a vastly increased role with the team now.

I'm with DA and 66 on the Lamereux assesment. He reminds me of a young Brice Thoma. Steady, Defencively minded. He will be one of those defencemen that you will VERY rarely catch out of position. He will be a huge asset this season especially with the removal of the Red line for offside passes. Look for him to be a key player in our next few seasons.
    Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

charlie Guest

lamoureaux was one of the most improved rebels last year. early in the season he really struggled with moving the puck well and often made mistakes. he had a stint at forward and that really seemed to help him build confidence as well as got his feet moving...he also got a lot more aggressive at that point. from then on he was much better than flatters. i see him this year playing on the second defence pairing with kurceba and i think his role will increase as the season goes on. i really like his toughness too.

charlie

D.A. Guest

I sort of agree with the Thoma comparison, but I think there's more to Lamoureux. Did you see how he played when they had him at forward towards the end of last season? The guy has the makings of a little fireplug. If he plays that that back on D, he's going to be a *very* fun player to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by D.A.
    I sort of agree with the Thoma comparison, but I think there's more to Lamoureux. Did you see how he played when they had him at forward towards the end of last season? The guy has the makings of a little fireplug. If he plays that that back on D, he's going to be a *very* fun player to watch.

Thats true D.A. Kind of a Brice Thoma with a sprinkle of Teddy Vandermeer He will be very fun to watch.
    Shinyshoes
    'Cause if your going to hell, you may as well go with a smile on your face.
    KEEPING THE FAITH!!

Lamoureux may not score a lot but he can turn into a great stay at home D man. Like the rest of you said, another Bryce Thoma.

Also Zetariuk was expenable in 06-07 he would'v ebeen a 20 yr old but so will Vandermeer, Walker and Leslie and those 3 would merrit spot over Zetariuk.
    FWHL: http://fwhlhockey.proboards.com/index.cgi?

WHL fantasy league! Looking for members!

follow me on twitter: @PADJJeff

Unhappy J.z.

Oh ....sad to see J.Z. go but...this year will be so different and new and exciting things are in store. I didn't think Jess had a banner year last season either, I agree that he was a nice guy off the ice, was nice to the kids and such... but unfortunately he was expendable!!
    I don't know if I'm as excited about P.P. Lamoureaux and you all seem to be, but time will tell, I do like his enthusiasm*, no one can argue that about him.
    I do hope his brother is at camp tomorrow, interested to see him... also lots more interesting guys to watch for.... can't wait...
    But that being said....this summer has totally sucked weather wise, and I'm sad that it's coming to an end... only one thing to look forward to.....
    HOCKEY
    FrontRow Fan
    Herb Brooks: " The name on the front is a helluva lot more important than the one on the back!!" :burningma