Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mercer

Default Mercer

any thoughts on Mercer?
    Whats his play like i havent seen him play since Red Deer.. I've been told he has improved alot? any word on him?

Anyways, I think he fits nice and fine in with the Chiefs D. They're a pretty young group and we only lost Scott Lynch last year. He's going to be a big part of the D this year.
    Last edited by Scout; 08-23-2005 at 07:20 AM.
    Lets go Chiefs.

awesome thats great to hear!!!

Default if im not mistaken

that was the phaneuf hit from 2 years ago is it not?
    "You can't always win, but you can always feel like you deserve to"

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney08-
    any thoughts on Mercer?
    Whats his play like i havent seen him play since Red Deer.. I've been told he has improved alot? any word on him?
    Haven't seen much of the Chiefs this preseason but he did improve alot down the stretch last year, he usually put himself in a good position and didn't get beat much (can't say that for the rest of the team, lol). Hopefully he shows more improvemnt this year, this team is going to need it, from all players.

Default personal take

I was actually impressed with him. He wasn't an overly aggressive nor physical player, but he ended up being quite a solid player and always seemed to be in his right place. I'm looking forward to him being a solid player again this year

GFan101 Guest

so what do u guys think of him this season?? i don't get to see him play much but i have heard the whole team aint that great

hows Mercer doin though??

He's been so-so so far. Hasn't registered a point this year and probably isn't playing at full strength. He's been playing with a full face shield from an injury, I have no idea as to why but I think that is hampering is play big time.
    Lets go Chiefs.

GFan101 Guest

i know he had a finger stepped on and had stitches but.....

oh FACE SHIELD RIGHHT he had his wisdom teeth out a few weeks ago....probably just to keep them protected for a while b/c ur teeth move around when they come out. They r probably protecting that...

Defensively Mercer, and all the Chiefs for that matter, have been fine this year. Their problem is they need scorers...BADLY!!!

Their powerplay is in disarray. Peters said on the radio today he was going to shake things up and rotate powerplay lines. Hopefully he finds a combination that clicks.