Pats main training camp opens Aug.31, with registration at the 'dome (okay, Brandt Center, but it will always be known as the 'dome to me), with the actual camp being at the Lumsden Arena. Training camp concludes on Aug.6 with the annual Blue and White game. I'm assuming that game starts at 7:00 pm, I cant find any time for sure yet. The pats website is kinda still under construction. I hope I will see some of you at the game.

Now any predictions for this year? After last year, it can only get better (I hope). Jordan McGillvray should be named captain, the assistants Kyle Deck and perhaps Kyle Ross if he makes it back for the start of the season. Goaltending may be a question mark, with there not exactly being a clear cut starter, however, I think Ryan Nieszner should make the cut, either as the back-up or perhaps sharing time as a starter. Offense I cant really comment on until the final roster is secured. Defense should be stronger, with more experiance. Once again, the pats have a whole crapload of rookies looking to make the cut, and some of them have quite a bit of skill, yet its questionable if they can make the jump. What may make or break this team is whether or not the vets can look past last year and have a stellar year.

My take on who *should* make the team for sure, not including rookies,

defence: Schira, Ross (if healthy), Pyett, Reinhart, Lineker, Deck
Goal: this is a tough one, Neiszner for sure, Ward if a o/a spot is open, other wise Reekie again
Forwards: McGillvray, Duval, Berhart, McDonald, Mosewich, Nason/Fudar (depends if the Pats want two tough guys or not), and Festerling

Any thoughts?