Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: best fan atmosphere

original6 Guest

Default best fan atmosphere

hello..im new to this board..but had a question about fan atmosphere. i use to go to the old mercer barn(seattle) and the fans were wild and supportive. now at key arena, the fans sit on there hands, or just chat with each other...so where is the best place nowadays to see a game?? also any insight to why seattle has become somewhat boring to watch a game, let me know..

great site here

steveo

Medicine Hat hands down has the best atmosphre
    Grump

I've been to MJ and PA, and they both have great atmosphere...PA being better though. It was fun watching the Pats play there.

original6 Guest

thanks for the response...what is about the hat, that has the fan into it..also how many does the building hold..if you know..thanks

steveo70

The old barn holds 4006 sold out all the time
    Grump

kelownakarl Guest

I remember the old Kelowna Memorial Arena would just be rocking about 8 times a season - when Kamloops was in town. Sitting in the top row of that arena was literally sitting on top of the ice. A tiny little arena, but perfect for Junior A. Fans would just go nuts for the Kamloops games. However things have changed in the new Prospera Place. Noisy at times, but at other times it could be mistaken for a library. However during playoffs the place is rocking.

C.F Guest

People can't talk unless they've been to the Everett Event Center. Loudest fans in the WHL.

grumphy, I haven't been to Medicine Hat to watch a game, but I have listened to games there on the radio and have had many friends that went there, and I haven't had any responce about their crazy fans. Whenever people talk about Everett, their fans are always brought up. Maybe you're being a tad bit biased?

NOTE: I despise Everett.

rinkrat Guest

Default Everett should be called hockeytown!!!

OK,Ok...I'm getting carried away!However it is an awesome place to watch a game.I'm a Giants fan and was treated great at the game.Great atmosphere,whats with the 3 star selection? That guys on drugs...

I like Everett being loud. It seems that we are loud for any game. I went to Seattle for a game that was them VS Portland and the fans were so quiet. Even at the last Seattle Vs Everett game in Seattle, the Everett fans were way louder than the Seattle fans on the radio.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

Default loud

Medicine Hat and Everett...I believe they have the best atmosphere in their rinks. I heard that Everett fans even go crazy when there's icings, and two line passes?

In medicine hat there's always a buzz of crowd noise...escpecially in the playoffs.

Game six vs red deer, (two years ago) in which the tigers won in overtime!
    Thats the loudest I've ever heard any rink..NHL, whl, amjhl
    Last edited by Tiger Trauma; 01-25-2005 at 12:27 PM. Reason: I cold be biased since I'm a huge Tiger Fan
    MEDICINE HAT TIGERS
    http://tigerturf.blogspot.com/