Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: best fan atmosphere

Believe me, we will cheer for any small thing. If there is even offsides we cheer.
    I take pride in not owning a cowbell!

Rebel66 Guest

Medicine Hat fans by my experience are the loudest. They create a ton of noise and really get behind their team. Great to see.

Red Deer's crowd, on the other hand, are really really quiet unfortunately. During the playoffs I've tried my best to get some chants going but it is never a sustained noise.

Off topic but if you want ear splitting atmosphere though attend a Liverpool-Manchester United soccer game in England, or any number of other soccer games in Europe. Now that is something to behold. Songs and chants for the entire game plus before and after. I've left the ground with my ears ringing and not being able to hear a thing. Should really come with a health warning! (Of course that was in the good old days when they had standing room terraces. Now with all seated stadiums it is a little quieter. Still much more than a hockey game though.)

Default the opposite

Red Deer must have the quietest fans. The westerner doesn't allow anything to come into the rink, and so everybody just sits on their hands. Wish i could change that because at the old arena when the Rustlers played, it had to be the loudest then.

I think most RD fans go to the game because it is a social event. imo
    Drop the Puck

Quote Originally Posted by rebel39
    Red Deer must have the quietest fans. The westerner doesn't allow anything to come into the rink, and so everybody just sits on their hands. Wish i could change that because at the old arena when the Rustlers played, it had to be the loudest then.

I've never been to a Rebels game but I'm sure that Hurricanes would challenge them for the quietest crowd. I love when the Hat comes to town because at least their fans make some noise.

Rebel66 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rebel39

Spot on 39! I was saying this exact same thing to my wife the other day. We know so many people from attending the hockey game that its not even funny. A number of our photography customers seem to attend the games too which is a good way of staying at the forefront of their minds!

I like how well supported the Rebels are (numbers wise). Attendance wise the Rebels fans have to be some of the best in junior hockey. However, I just wish that fans were even a little more vocally behind the team but perhaps that's just the long time soccer fan in me coming out!

The Canes might make a run...only when the Hat is intown because I swear 3000 Hat fans make the trip.

Most of the time the Enmax Centre is powerless (bew yaa)...it's pretty sad actually.

A couple of LAME chants and that's it.

Nielson

Quite literally powerless too. Do they ever plan on pointing any lights towards the fans during the game? It's hard to get into a game in Lethbridge when you feel like you are in a theatre.

Of the arena's I've been to, Medicine Hat is by far the best. Not just the arena, but the fans. I happened to be in Red Deer for the 7th game of their series vs the Tigers a couple years ago, and about 700 Medicine Hat fans made the 5 hour trip up for that game. They all looked like they just broke out of prison with their orange jumpsuits, but that was one of the noisiest games I've ever seen in the Westerner.

As great a building as the Saddledome is, it's hard to create a ton of atmosphere when you have 9000 people in a 20,000 seat arena. Though the two games we pulled in 14,000+ this year have been remarkable.
    Last edited by RunTheGoalie; 01-29-2005 at 08:06 PM.

aknarab Guest

I remember being at game 4 of the WHL Championship series in Everett. Those fans LOVE that team. I've never seen so many cow bells in my life. and they cheer for EVERYTHING. and after losing game 4, there were grown men around me crying, very strong fan base.

I like my home barn.... Of course thats my biased opinion. Spokane fans can get pretty noisy when they want to. Of course, Its easy to get noisy when there are 10,000 of them.Cranbrook (kootenay) was a fun place to watch a game. I'd say they were the freindliest bunch of people I've ever met at an away game. They were very respectful and everyone kept asking us if them Canadians had been treating us OK while we were there.
    Those Everett fans are probably the rowdiest in the US division though... They love them Silvertips!!!! Which is good, nobody else does!!!

Prince Albert has great atmosphere but there are way to many games with empty seats this year. However, when the place is packed it rocks especially against Saskatoon or Brandon.

Come on Raider fans get out to the games. You may have to pay for the whole seat but most nights you will just need the edge of it
    From Parts Unknown