Thread: Bronco's Trim Roster to 43

Default Bronco's Trim Roster to 43

The Bronco's have started making cuts to their roster. Gone or reassigned are:

Blake Hill (16) G
    Manny Christjansen (17) G
    Justin Wilkinson (17) L.D.
    Harry Garrioch (17) L.D.
    Tyler Mistelbacher (18) L.W.
    Evan Neibrandt (17) L.W. reassigned
    Sean Manery (16) R.W.
    Chris Smith (18) R.D.
    Pierre Cote (17) L.W.
    Brandon Knelson (18) R.W./C
    Brad Davis (17) L.W.
    Dylan Falk (17) R.W.
    Jordan Mistelbacher (16) L.W./C reassigned
    Jeff Schenderling (17) R.W.

With 43 players left in camp additional cuts can be expected after tonights inter-squad game.

Scout

No real surprizes there. I thought that Hill had a great rookie camp and put himself on the radar.
    I think Zidan only wanted to see what would happen if an Italian took a real hit.

Default so far so good

Usually the players I like at camp are the first to go. Not so this year.
    Maybe I'm getting better??

Default 7 More Cuts

http://www.scbroncos.com/news/050829b.html

The Swift Current Broncos announced the following cuts on Monday, August 29th. The players have been released unless otherwise stated:

Nigel Dube (88)
    Kyle Ireland (89) – Reassigned
    Andrew Bzdel 89)
    Craig Simchuk (89) – Reassigned
    Joel Malchuk (88)
    Colin Rundell (88)
    Darek Claffey (89) – Reassigned

I am a bit surprized that Claffey didn't get a look in a preseason game however I am not surprized that he did not make the team. He needed a bit more work on his decision making (I could say the same about every young defenceman).
    I think Zidan only wanted to see what would happen if an Italian took a real hit.

Default 2 more

The Swift Current Broncos announced that they have cut 2 more players on Tuesday. The players that will not be joining the squad this year are:

Kirk Byczynski (88) – RW – Reassigned
    Sawyer Eichel (87) – RW - Released

Default Claffney

I am kinda suprised about him being reassigned so early as well. You also got to remember that there is 7 returning d men and both Postma and Benke are ahead of him on the depth chart. Will be interesting few weeks to see if these two young rooks can crack the line up.

Default One other suprise

I was kinda suprised that they gave the back up job to Yonkman this early. I figured they would keep another older player around, especially with Kyle going to Nashville for pro camp. Guess Curtis will be around for a little while longer and get alot of exh. playing time.

I think everyone knew that Yonkman would be the back up, so I am not surprised about that. But I too thought that Claffey would have stuck around for an exhibition game or two.
    Sawyer Eichel was a kid I thought really showed in the blue and white game that he wanted to be here.
    Also in the blue and white game for the first two periods Ron Kelly was non exsistant, then all of a sudden in the third he was one of the better players on the ice. The whole third I kept looking down going , who's 19 blue, wow where was he the first two periods. If this guy puts in a full game like he played the last third, he'd be a shoe in for a spot.
    I was also very impressed with Ian Curtis, Yonkman, Telford, Benke, Wudrick(wow, only 15), Tassone and Rakos the new Euro looked alright.
    Always Remembered